View Full Version : Chav Seating Position

mowgli
16-04-07, 10:23 PM
Can anyone help me on this particular problem........

Most days I see at least one car containing chavs zooming about, and their seating position is as follows.

Seat as far forward as possible so the legs are in some sort of birthing position.
Seat back as far back as it can go.
No seatbelt.
One hand holding the wheel at 12 o'clock.
The other hand holding a lit fag out of the open window.

Could anyone please explain why they do this????????

NovaLad
16-04-07, 10:26 PM
Lol ... Comfort?

Lee
16-04-07, 10:27 PM
I just weed myself at the 'birthing position' comment lol

NovaLad
16-04-07, 10:28 PM
Coz dey wana luk kewl INIT ... lol

hendrix
16-04-07, 10:29 PM
or they have the 'gangsta lean' lol
i sit with seat far back cos i like to stretch me legs hah

Lee
16-04-07, 10:31 PM
i actually find myself in a bitch of a gangster lean in the transit on long journeys. After about an hour i realise my head is nearly touching the side window lol

novabex
16-04-07, 10:31 PM
Its funniest when they hug the steering wheel.

mowgli
16-04-07, 10:33 PM
One of the lads at work always leaves the van seats in the chav position, & being of advanced years it reminds me of being at the dentist, but without the fish & the powertools

Jack
16-04-07, 10:34 PM
One of my mates does this, puts the seat right back and reclines the back... yet perches on the edge of the seat. He does it to the passenger seat too, the number of times I've got in and literally fallen backwards... lol

REAL racers knock the back seats down flat to improve handling and speed though LOL

hendrix
16-04-07, 10:35 PM
more aerodynamic lmao lol

Dan 130
16-04-07, 10:36 PM
pmsl @ bt's comment lol i prefer to call that sleeping

Stanley
16-04-07, 10:37 PM
I cant drive a car if the seats not positioned right.

Have to have pressure against my back otherwise i just dont feel connected to the car.

Plus you get better feel of the wheel and can put more power to it without over-stretching.

mowgli
16-04-07, 10:38 PM
It's a pity chav cars are usually too old to have airbags, I reckon if they had a bump, it would blow them out the rear window.

mowgli
16-04-07, 10:42 PM
pmsl @ bt's comment lol i prefer to call that sleeping

You may laugh, but when I drove hgv's I once got on the m6 at cannock & the next thing I knew it was 1 3/4 hrs later & I was near preston, with no idea what I had done in between time......

SRlew
16-04-07, 10:42 PM
^^PMSL

the 12 o'clock holding does my head in!

and one of my mates has is seat reclined right back an the 12 o'clock, i looks a tit!

but tbh i think people think im joinging them as my seat is far back (i am tall) and some times my seat reclines by itself lol i dont notice it till i feel my harness go real slack and it wont tighten, then when i wind it more up right it feels like i can drive again lol

Mike
16-04-07, 10:51 PM
tbf in my nova i have to have the seats as far forward as it goes, as im only a short @rse an my buckets make it worse lmao!

goldengraham
16-04-07, 10:56 PM
iz cas dey r kool man init cuz respeck!
but seriously though, why do it
lmao at BT comment :)

mowgli
16-04-07, 10:57 PM
Why do they also have a midget with a jackhammer hiding in the boot???
I don't mind decent ice, but an argos special offer with the volume on 11 playing hardcore dance is a moving violation

goldengraham
16-04-07, 11:04 PM
Why do they also have a midget with a jackhammer hiding in the boot???
I don't mind decent ice, but an argos special offer with the volume on 11 playing hardcore dance is a moving violation

pmsl, can i have as me sig lol

NovaJackie
16-04-07, 11:05 PM
lmfao @ mowgli!! ther so bad around my area, u meet them on ther 403th lap of the town and ther reclined so far the watching u thru the rear windows!! lol

JSeymour
16-04-07, 11:27 PM
another fav chav posision is to sit as far over on the right side and sit as far away from the gear stick as possible. this is normaly done with the window down so they get even more ditnce between them and the gear stick/steering wheel.

goldengraham
16-04-07, 11:29 PM
lol i know exactly what you mean!! haha

mowgli
16-04-07, 11:44 PM
I like going into the countryside, because chavs drown in fresh air, they can only breath in towns.

Spudly
16-04-07, 11:44 PM
Aye there is loads of them like that round here and they all seem to drive sage & onion paxo`s lmao, every now and then ill catch myself driving with one hand near the top of the wheel dont know why jus do:eek: :confused: :tard:

mowgli
16-04-07, 11:48 PM
maybe they have read the bit in the highway code that says 'Both hands should be on the steering wheel at 10 to 2' and think the rest of the time they only need one on.

Driver
16-04-07, 11:51 PM
i often lean against drivers window looking out of corner of my eye but thats because im a lazy ass lol

i sit with seat as far back as it goes because im 6'3"
but its upright

i live in rotherham (chav central)

and where all us "yung un/boy racers" hang about often chavs drive through and it broke my heart other day when a nova rolled throught with the biggest widest uglyest body kit and 19s on

driver was about 17-18 tn baseball cap and a gansta lean :'(

was a nice blue though lol

Spudly
16-04-07, 11:53 PM
maybe they have read the bit in the highway code that says 'Both hands should be on the steering wheel at 10 to 2' and think the rest of the time they only need one on.

Thats quite possibly the most sound explanation ive ever heard for the phenomenon ever lmao!!!:thumb:

mowgli
17-04-07, 12:06 AM
Why thankyou

Spudly
17-04-07, 12:15 AM
BUT!!!

Can you explain as to why they have their charver hats sat on the backs of theire heads so that the peak is pointing almost skywards though? lol

mowgli
17-04-07, 12:30 AM
I think you will find the angle of the hat is perpendicular(at 90 degrees) to the angle of the seat back. Thus, if the seat was in the normal position, ie. upright, then the peak of the cap would be horizontal.
Of course, this is only a theory

Ash
17-04-07, 12:44 AM
lol good thread :thumb: my other favourite is the 'deep thought' pose: elbow on door, hand wrapped around mouth, this can sometimes be mixed with the 'ganster lean'

The best seating postion of all tho, and one i practise lol the 'Hoodrider lean' :thumb:

EDIT: google produced no images

Jon_nova1
17-04-07, 01:05 AM
theres a saxo driver round my end, and he always wears a beenie hat and sits as close to the steering wheel as you can get while still doing the 12 o clock thing lol

i sit quite normal, the seat far away enough to still comfortably use the pedals and sit quite normal, but i do tend to sit with one hand on the gearstick and one at 12 o clock if im driving normally, i just seem to find it easier:confused:

draper
17-04-07, 07:31 AM
i used to drive with 1 hand at 12 o'clock and one hand on the gearstick lol

the cap thing is just fooking thick, yeah yo yo i wears my cap like dis so i can still use ma mums hair wax innit blud

ashjones
17-04-07, 07:52 AM
i like to call it 'stiff arm'

Novadex
17-04-07, 08:55 AM
i see something like this a little while ago, i thought the Paxo was "self driven" untill i saw a little burberry cap pop up. I thought i was because he wanted to sit with his friends in the back lol

Lee
17-04-07, 09:18 AM
I was out in the SR earlier, and it came to me that, you cant actually drive a nova without a gangsta lean because of the ludicrous steeringwheel angle lol

Jack
17-04-07, 09:23 AM
I do the "stiff arm" pose sometimes, but thats because I do get a legitimate stiff arm - I have really bad RSI in my right wrist and elbow, can't drive for long periods :(

lol good thread :thumb: my other favourite is the 'deep thought' pose: elbow on door, hand wrapped around mouth, this can sometimes be mixed with the 'ganster lean'
Hmm, I do that. Usually when I'm bored and stuck in traffic lol

hendrix
17-04-07, 09:37 AM
I do the "stiff arm" pose sometimes, but thats because I do get a legitimate stiff arm - I have really bad RSI in my right wrist and elbow

too much :tosser:

lol

i do the thought pose sometimes though

Riggy
17-04-07, 09:38 AM
REAL racers knock the back seats down flat to improve handling and speed though LOL

PMSL remember that thread , a better centre of gravity lol

cant think who it was thta posted it though

as for driving positions my girlfriends brother has the seats fully reclined in his vts *cough* saxo *cough* and you nearly brake your back trying to seat up in them when he's giving it some lol

as for me , im guilty of the one hand on wheel and one hand on gearstick in the nova because i am confident in it , in the punto its 2 hands on the wheel at all times lol

hendrix
17-04-07, 09:42 AM
may have been phil, riggy. Didnt some guy off a corsa C forum swear it worked or something

Riggy
17-04-07, 09:51 AM
yeah think it was now you mention it andy lad :thumb:

Jack
17-04-07, 09:51 AM
Yeah, t'was a Corsa C lol

too much :tosser:
Wrong arm lol

Stuart
17-04-07, 09:59 AM
for bimbling up motorways i hold the bottom of the wheel with one hand and rest my right arm on the sill.

for round town/lanes its 10/2 position and go go go :D
Chavs dont buy VX's/elises (even though they are cheap enough) because neither of the seats recline lol

Kinky Monza
17-04-07, 09:59 AM
I was out in the SR earlier, and it came to me that, you cant actually drive a nova without a gangsta lean because of the ludicrous steeringwheel angle lol

That is true lol it's as though VXL didn't make the Nova for 'normal' drivers, just the 'chavs' that do the 'gangsta lean' lol

Aamir
17-04-07, 11:53 AM
Its funniest when they hug the steering wheel.

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/5492/novaraceaf4.jpg

yup lol lol

Aamir
17-04-07, 12:00 PM
http://209.172.60.165/36/36275/36275371/36275371_2b6777a81155868566.jpg

novabex
17-04-07, 12:07 PM
Haha!

Sonny Jim
17-04-07, 01:39 PM
http://209.172.60.165/36/36275/36275371/36275371_2b6777a81155868566.jpg

erm...?? kinda freaky that mate.... you look like your sucking your thumb! haha lol

dannyb
17-04-07, 06:45 PM
My black brother in law sits up against the door pillars out of habit as it would protect him if he got shot at in the Gambia. lol

Philsutton
17-04-07, 08:55 PM
lmfao

mowgli
17-04-07, 08:55 PM
getting shot in the gambia really hurts, it has been known to be fatal

General Baxter
17-04-07, 09:10 PM
**** i must be the ultimate chav

i do the 12'o clock thing,
have my seat back right up, all most vertical
the the child birth thing, but the seats all the way back anyway lol

I like going into the countryside, because chavs drown in fresh air, they can only breath in towns.
lol down the A47, theres loads of them, trying to get breath

mowgli
20-04-07, 09:26 PM
General, watch out, because of the hartshill sewage works, & demulders rendering plant, the camp hill chavs might just make it to Atherstone. Arm yourself, get buckets of soapy water & written offers of work to throw at them. I will come & help if they attack......

goldengraham
21-04-07, 12:27 AM
pmsl at mowgli, funny guy!!

mowgli
22-04-07, 03:42 PM
I also like how chavs park in 'parent & child' spaces at supermarkets, & then sit there with the engine running, whilst the girlfriend goes in.
I suppose a chav getting a schoolgirl pregnant actually qualifies her as both a parent & a child.

ive_had_a_novadose
22-04-07, 03:45 PM
lmao funny guy mowgli you just dont stop do you lol like a chav ripping machine

mowgli
22-04-07, 03:58 PM
I started the thread, I'm just getting my money's worth.

Kinky Monza
22-04-07, 05:06 PM
OMG, after working in Birmingham for most of last night i finally got a lift home, in a Corsa B, with a mixed race 'youth' who just so happened to be doing the chav gangsta lean all the way up the A/M42 lol

No seatbelt, a half smoked joint between his fingers and a burberry cap on, mobile phone at his ear whilst driving too!

If i hadn't been so tired i'd have ranng the bloody cops myself! we very nearly went into the back of several cars, i will now never get into a car with someone i don't know again!

It pisses me off when some people say girls can't drive, but that guy couldn't drive for fecking toffee and it ann0oys me that it's the likes of him that cause more accidents on the road and hike the insurance premiums up for 'safe' drivers!

Rant over lol

big gra
22-04-07, 05:34 PM
more aerodynamic lmao lol

haha almost pissed myself,, my brother does this, its a bit annoying when i get into his car and go to lean back and theres nothing there,, he says its because he dosent want anyone to see him while hes driving!

rdanny
22-04-07, 11:07 PM
I also like how chavs park in 'parent & child' spaces at supermarkets, & then sit there with the engine running, whilst the girlfriend goes in.
I suppose a chav getting a schoolgirl pregnant actually qualifies her as both a parent & a child.
erm i sometimes do that and send the missus in! tends to be a disable spot tho

SUP4NOV4
25-04-07, 12:22 AM
My mate drives huging the wheel and the seat far back he keeps the window right down and when turning right he leans his head out of the window wtf for counter balance

NovaLad
25-04-07, 12:25 AM
lol yeah is he driving a paper car ?

Steve
25-04-07, 12:35 AM
Can anyone help me on this particular problem........

Most days I see at least one car containing chavs zooming about, and their seating position is as follows.

Seat as far forward as possible so the legs are in some sort of birthing position.
Seat back as far back as it can go.
No seatbelt.
One hand holding the wheel at 12 o'clock.
The other hand holding a lit fag out of the open window.

Could anyone please explain why they do this????????

So its not just a one-off then, they're everywhere!!

Absolutely spot on with the description there, dunno why they do it but its pretty funny, I think its called a back rest for a reason..

The other chav trademark is the cap, wtf is going on with it, its usually hanging off the back of there heads its so vertical!!

I think its to do with the more of a chav you are the more stupid you have to look, hence the gold keeper rings on every finger, the tracksuit bottoms tucked into the socks..

SUP4NOV4
25-04-07, 12:35 AM
Dont get you

NovaLad
25-04-07, 02:03 AM
I tried out the chav seating position well sat in my nova lol .. I suppose it could be comfy and easier on long roads so you can relax but it does look stupid sometimes .. and as for the hat beign a 90 degree angel you should come down oldham lol ...

SUP4NOV4
25-04-07, 10:47 AM
The hats are always nike tn ones

wisewood
25-04-07, 01:42 PM
I don't understand this leaning the seat back thing... never have done. You lay back, you restrict your field of vision, meaning you end up sitting forward for junctions etc anyway.

I'm 6'1 and although i lean the seat back slightly to make room for my head in smaller cars, i have it positions such that my knees are slightly bent, and my arms when outstretched can easily touch the dials & dash ... bent arms are more responsive than straight ones... so you can steer more accurately with a slightly bent elbow.

Novadex
25-04-07, 04:57 PM
I'm 61, and although i lean the seat back slightly to make room for my `head` in smaller gaps, i like it positiond like that, as i am slightly bent, and my arms when outstretched can easily touch the knobs... bent guys are more responsive than straight ones... so you can steer more accurately into a slightly bent guy.

couldn`t help myself lol

Lee-1984
25-04-07, 05:06 PM
couldn`t help myself lol

lmaolol lol

Jack
25-04-07, 06:29 PM
My God. I have a hire car to take me to Bristol tomorrow, and I swear it has a "Chav Lever" on the seat - I pulled it and the seat started moving back into the chav position!

Livvy
25-04-07, 06:45 PM
haha. im one of those short people who has to have there seat as far forward as it goes, and i still have trouble! my dad and boyfriend are both really tall, and if they have driven my car and left the seat back i get in and look like such a rudee boy! it seems my lack of height has saved me from driving like a chav face!

mowgli
25-04-07, 08:52 PM
haha. im one of those short people who has to have there seat as far forward as it goes, and i still have trouble! my dad and boyfriend are both really tall, and if they have driven my car and left the seat back i get in and look like such a rudee boy! it seems my lack of height has saved me from driving like a chav face!

Livvy, you can probably put the seat back a little bit, you have to remember that most driving instructors are men, so they get girls to push the seats as far forward as poss, so they can give the pupil a right good looking at!!!!!!

Livvy
25-04-07, 09:36 PM
haha thanks for that!

Steve
19-07-07, 12:05 AM
Just found proof that chavs have there seats in the mentioned positions:

http://i1.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/ab/08/5167_1.JPG

Isn't that how people setup their sunloungers?! lol

turbojolt
19-07-07, 02:38 AM
look like my old mans driving possion lol not a chav one maybe they have realy long legs and need the extra room lol

Jack
19-07-07, 09:18 AM
Fcuk me, that person must either have midget legs or be a paraplegic :wtf:

Steve
19-07-07, 08:59 PM
Maybe there tilted right back so that they're comfortable when there overly powerful 1.0 throughs them back in the seat! lol

mowgli
19-07-07, 10:42 PM
I think it belongs to aeroplane spotters!!!

I do have another question......

I overheard 2 lads discussing their ICE & apparently one was planning to put '6 bananas' on the parcel shelf. Surely they would go manky within a day or two?

bangerbrian
19-07-07, 11:30 PM
I think it belongs to aeroplane spotters!!!

I do have another question......

I overheard 2 lads discussing their ICE & apparently one was planning to put '6 bananas' on the parcel shelf. Surely they would go manky within a day or two?

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol your very funny

goldengraham
19-07-07, 11:55 PM
lmfao that is actually quite funny!

pie
12-02-13, 06:09 PM
dont care if i bump this thread

but LMFAO lol lol lol lol mowgli

Spudly
12-02-13, 06:27 PM
Dont care if you get a week off then for needlessly bumping an old thread :p

Alex J
12-02-13, 06:29 PM
Dont care if you get a week off then for needlessly bumping an old thread :pdouble lollol

pie
12-02-13, 06:33 PM
crack on :thumb: lol lol

mowgli
12-02-13, 07:49 PM
spud.. i sent him the link for this as part of a conversation

Southie
12-02-13, 08:05 PM
I'd not seen this thread + rep Mr Pie lol

Rage
12-02-13, 08:25 PM
what a legend Mowgli great thread had me laughing for half hour now

Steve
12-02-13, 09:05 PM
Well all the points are still valid and the chavs are still doing it! lol

L14MNP
12-02-13, 09:22 PM
double lollol

Quadruple then.

Linguo and/or Spellbot would have exploded if attempting to decipher that thread!

L14MNP
12-02-13, 09:23 PM
Also. it is charv or charver/charva.

If you're going to use our terminology, at least spell it correctly. lol

danger-MOUSE
12-02-13, 10:24 PM
i dont drive im dat ghetto i roll shotgun blazin a phat 1 wile ma bitch push da pedals.

there is a bit of that round my way

Steve
12-02-13, 11:03 PM
Cushty bruv innit?

Andy
12-02-13, 11:13 PM
Times really are bad when people have to dig the archives for a l0l on a forum..........

pie
12-02-13, 11:37 PM
didnt dig had it sent to me via pm

Jack
13-02-13, 07:09 AM
lol not any real need to bump it though, otherwise we'll end up with a page of people going "ZOMG I LOLED". Oh wait lol