PDA

View Full Version : Nova Headlights and Grill

Anonymous
31-12-01, 12:31 AM
Need a bit of advice on fitting Mk2 headlights and grill to a Mk1. Ive got a GSi bumper and wings fitted to the rallycar but havent got headlights yet. Are all the headlights on the Mk2 the same, or are some (GSi for example) different with automatic adjustment or anything else?I just need the cheapest Mk2 ones that fit - nothing fancy. Any ideas?

I also need to sort a grill out for the car. Are all the Mk2 ones the same, or is the GSi one different? I only really want the outer and the bits that go under the headlights as Im going to remove the centre section and mesh it for better airflow, but need to know the cheapest solution.

Oh, and I know this isnt the place, but if anybody has any Mk2 headlights and grill (if theyll fit) then email me.

Anonymous
31-12-01, 01:12 AM
basically AFAIK the mk2 lights and grilles are all the same fitment and will fit on the mark one no problem. i know the bottom plastic clip that holds the lights in place is different but ive had no probs. But u say its a rally car so you may be best trying to get them for extra security. i think they just pop out and in from the inner wing below the light. also i think that all mk2 lights have the electrical adjuster but you would need the switch and the loom wired in for it to work. dont worry though as they can still be adjusted manually

HTH

Anonymous
31-12-01, 12:12 PM
some pattern lights don't have the electric adjusters the mk2 h reg cars have a different grill and bumper

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

2.0 16v back soon :D

Driver required to take car to VBOA/TRAX apply at ste@novaload.net

Anonymous
31-12-01, 12:47 PM
Sorry - not answering the question but I'd be very interested to know what you've got and what engine you run esp. if its a 1.4 or 1.6?:)

Cheers

Anonymous
31-12-01, 01:21 PM
lol @ thread hijacking by cp

Anonymous
31-12-01, 04:10 PM
lmao ;)
i would also be intrested if u have a fit little sister.

but thats a completly diffrent story

Micky@novaload.net

Anonymous
01-01-02, 06:34 PM
Thanks guys,

Seems like I will just get a pair of pattern headlights and see if I can get hold of a grille from a Mk2. I'll have a ring round tomorrow.

Basically the spec of the car is as follows - 3 dr shell in white, with strengthening kit and fully seam (well, stitch) welded. Safety devices 6 point cage multipointed to 14 points and with X diagonals and harness bar, and door bars.

Fitted with GSi front and rear bumpers and GSi rear spoiler (still needs grille and lights though lol).

Suspension comprises bilstein struts with hockley gravel inserts and 180lb 14" springs (forest spec) with 220lb 10.5" spring tarmac spec. Rears are bilstein rough tarmac dampers with 180lb (I think) springs. Anti rol bars put on for tarmac events and left off for forest

Engine is very basic atm, with 1400NV bottom end, GTE head and cam (valves are bigger than Gp A 1.3 head), GTE exhaust manifold and downpipe, 2 box exhaust system and baffled sump. Built by my own fair hands :)

Fuelling is by twin 40s on 1400cc inlet manifold with twin (switchable) Facet red top fuel pumps through a filter king and pulling from a GTE tank (with swirl pot).

Gearbox is F13/CR GTE box fitted with 4.3 CWP and Plate type LSD set at 65%

Brakes are std drums at rear, Astra 16v calipers and disks at front. Fully aeroquipped (well goodridged, but that doesnt sound quite right) with hydraulic handbrake in line to rear brakes.

GTE Mk1 dash, Corbeau Forza seats, Lifeline plumbed in extinguisher and cut off, navigators footrest and internal gear linkage. Also has aluminium sumpguard, polycarbonate tankguard and other bits and bobs...

The car is currently being finished off, but engine and all important bits are in.. just lights, seats and some other bits to be finished..

Well, thats quite a lengthy basic spec isnt it :)

Anonymous
01-01-02, 07:05 PM
lol u ain't see cps engine spec yet :D

Anonymous
01-01-02, 08:18 PM
In what way Ste?

Whats cps done to his motor? Ive just done the basic to get it running for the season - though should be 100 bhp or thereabouts. Its the 40s that make the difference.

Anonymous
01-01-02, 10:37 PM
Cheers m8 - I can't help myself - rally slag cars turn me on Lol! Should be well fast. I was particularly interested to hear that you had put a GTE head onto a 1.4 lump. Wot you done about the CR??

As regds my engine - basically a 1.6 on twin 40's

{....or is it anymore??:>}