PDA

View Full Version : air filter and jets

Anonymous
27-12-01, 02:33 PM
after reading the advice in the articles section i want to fit a k&n filter to my 1.4 sr, it says in the article to fit bigger jets, does anyone know which are the best size to fit on a 1.4 sr engine? (standard carb :( )
cheers

Anonymous
27-12-01, 02:40 PM
you dont need to bother with a 1.4 sr I wouldnt think. Also dont put it on until it warms up cos your performance will lower. My carb is freezing and I have been advised to put the standard box back on. Look under post titled NO REVS below.

Anonymous
27-12-01, 03:09 PM
lol for the last 5 days i ha ve seen one of my mates having his 1.4sr freeze up with the std box

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

2.0 16v back soon :D

Driver required to take car to VBOA/TRAX apply at ste@novaload.net

Anonymous
27-12-01, 03:15 PM
how can you prevent it fully then ?

Anonymous
27-12-01, 03:58 PM
don't drive in the cold
or get a vw for the winter like i have :D

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

2.0 16v back soon :D

Driver required to take car to VBOA/TRAX apply at ste@novaload.net

Anonymous
27-12-01, 05:44 PM
Fit some ducting from above the exhaust manifold to the filter. Take a look at std setups - they all have winter settings like this

Anonymous
27-12-01, 06:46 PM
like ste says

my white nova would still freeze up even when it was all back to factory spec, and i blocked off the bonnet vent!

just one ov them things

if you want a new fuel jet then your best bet is to get it rolling roaded and the nice man will tell u what jet u need, or u could fit a fuel jet from a 1.3 sr carb as there slightly bigger

Micky@novaload.net

Anonymous
01-01-02, 07:14 PM
Can anyone tell me what the symptoms of a freezing carb are? I have been having a few problems in extreme cold up north on the motorway - the car loses power and when you floor it it doesn't go any faster, sometimes chugging a bit - its done this a couple of times in freezing conditions but normally its fine - I usually let it warm up in the mornings b4 I drive it as I have no pipe on the exhaust heatshield to air filter.
Does the weber 32/24 have the same probs?