PDA

View Full Version : In car fuel tank

General Baxter
15-04-07, 05:24 PM
do they pass mot?

can you have diesel tanks?

R1CH
15-04-07, 05:40 PM
Yes it'll pass an MOT, as long as its a propper tank i'd of thought tho, theres a few folk on here running so can't see it being a prob.
Why the f*ck do you want an in car deisel tank you fool, most folk do it on track cars ect ... not some sh*t box oil burner !!
:confused:

mowgli
15-04-07, 05:43 PM
your car must smell badly inside if you want to stick a derv tank in there....
Probably would pass mot, but insurance would go mad.
I once read a mag article that reckoned if you take a fuel tank off from underneath, it will affect the high speed stability because the underbody airflow would be altered....
My mates old opel had the fuel tank between the back seat & the boot, but it was built in 1978 & was probably considered safe.

Mikey_J
15-04-07, 05:44 PM
Is it just me or does anyone think bax is 2 slices short? lol

Lee
15-04-07, 05:49 PM
Hes definately ' a cone short of a contraflow' lol

Nova-Dan
15-04-07, 05:51 PM
Is it just me or does anyone think bax is 2 slices short? lol
he got great ideas and seems a great guy,but 4 or 5 olives short of a pizza lol

General Baxter
15-04-07, 05:51 PM
Yes it'll pass an MOT, as long as its a propper tank i'd of thought tho, theres a few folk on here running so can't see it being a prob.
Why the f*ck do you want an in car deisel tank you fool, most folk do it on track cars ect ... not some sh*t box oil burner !!
:confused:

i want it in there due to im going 100mm and having a side exit exhaust,

**** box oil burner, lets see yours pull a 6mm thick crossmemeber strengthening plate of including the crossmemeber :thumb:

Mikey_J
15-04-07, 05:52 PM
Hes definately ' a cone short of a contraflow' lol

lmao

Mikey_J
15-04-07, 05:54 PM
**** box oil burner, lets see yours pull a 6mm thick crossmemeber strengthening plate of including the crossmemeber :thumb:[/quote]

Poor welding? lol

General Baxter
15-04-07, 05:54 PM
Poor welding? lol
phase 3 boy :thumb:

Lee
15-04-07, 06:00 PM
http://uk.gizmodo.com/jeremy%20clarkson.jpg

'This Nova has so much torque, the roof ripped off, and its literally destroying my face!!!!!!!!!!'

Martin
15-04-07, 06:05 PM
Lmfao!!

R1CH
15-04-07, 06:14 PM
i want it in there due to im going 100mm and having a side exit exhaust,

**** box oil burner, lets see yours pull a 6mm thick crossmemeber strengthening plate of including the crossmemeber :thumb:

Think thats due to it being a rotten sh*t box, rather than being torn apart by sheer power !!
lol

You do amuse me sometimes !!

novabex
15-04-07, 06:23 PM
Haha.

And yes baxter is insane.

General Baxter
15-04-07, 06:39 PM
Think thats due to it being a rotten sh*t box, rather than being torn apart by sheer power !!
lol

how does a ****e box pass mot then?
how does a brand new crossmember rip apart?

R1CH
15-04-07, 07:03 PM
Well there must be something wrong somewhere as my A reg LET is running more power & torque and hasn't pulled its self apart !!

Why do you need to move the tank anyway, surely its the clearance between the sill and the ground thats gonna be a problem unless your gonna stick thru the bottom of the 1/4 panel ??

Rich

Adam
15-04-07, 07:16 PM
not some sh*t box oil burner !!

ROFL lollol

Philsutton
15-04-07, 08:14 PM
if your going crazy low the fuel tank is the last thing that is going to cause you hassle imo.