PDA

View Full Version : FAO CP,STE,MC ETC

Anonymous
28-12-01, 06:00 PM
well today i put my car bak together for the second time, after puttin it together the first time and the comp being low and running rough,spittin petrol out of number one trumpet(drivers side)etc. i though it was a bent valve but took the head of and took it to a head place where the done a pressure check on it where they do sumin to c if any gas passes through the valves, thats if they do not sit properly or could b slightly bent, that was all fine and he goes theres nothing wrong wiv the valves, so i put it down to the lifters, so tis time i bought genuine ones from vauxhall ?92ouch, put it together today and started it, it turned over a few times then finally started, though all was ok but then though to myself tis aint rite it still sounded rough took the sock of number one trumpet and was spittin out petrol again and when u take of ht lead 1 it dont make a diff, im baffled had the head/valves checked all ok changed the lifters for genuine vauxhall ones, i spoke to a bloke at regal he goes let it warm up and take i for a burn, and a bloke at pmc said he reckons the inlet valve aint sitin properly but i had it checked by the head place and i was there whe they done the check to c if the valves let through any gases when shut, all was fine there too. the comp has gone up though from being 4bar to 10bar. but it still sounds funny and when u take of number1 ht lead it still runs the same, still petrol gets chucked out number one trumpet. wat is it, ive run out of ideas not the head/valves, lifters any ideas in 2weeks ive bought 2head gaskets/headbolts/inet gasket/exhaust gasket/lifters and had a head bolt taken out the block when it snapped which cost me ?50. tis is a joke wat can it be. bear i mind ive had the head checked ,changed the lifters and got brand new vauxhall ones etc plz help wat is it:-/:-/:-/

Anonymous
28-12-01, 10:28 PM
If there are gases blowing fuel back out of the carb but OK compression then the inlet valve must be staying open too long b4 shutting properly?
Don't really know but here's wot I would examine in detail:
1.Valve not seating right due to bend or damage (found not to b the case so can rule this out)
2. Valve drive train not allowing the valve to close quickly enuff -could be?
-broken valve spring/follower
-incorrectly seated collets etc
-or blockage in the oil supply to the hydraulic adjuster?
3. Timing still out - are you sure you've got this right??????
4. Badly bent cam and cam housing
5. Woodruff key on bottom pulley or locating pin on top pulley sheared/damaged allowing the pulleys to have moved out of time?

otherwise fucked if I know:(

Anonymous
29-12-01, 10:09 AM
on examination springs looked fine so did the rockers.
as for the timin i set up the bottom pulley by matchin the timin marks up on the pulley and the notch on the casin, then took out plug1 to make sure it was top dead, then set the cam pully up my lining up the pully notch wiv little nick cut out the casin, and also took the dizzy cap of to make sure the rotor was point at number1. i am stumped like never b4 wat the fcuk can it be could it be somin gone in the carbs eg diaphram allow petrol to get sprayed through?????

Anonymous
29-12-01, 02:17 PM
right

its doesnt sound like a engine problem.
if the head was checked and it was fine and a compresion testsays its all fine then it can only be fueling/ignition

if the timing was out wouldnt u get the same effect from number 4?

maybe when uve had the lot apart uve knocked all your carb settings?

could be popping as the mixture and balance is miles out, (i had fuel popping out the trumpet when i 1st fitted mine)

Micky@novaload.net

Anonymous
29-12-01, 03:39 PM
Try a new distributor cap and leads on there. If the dizzy is broken it may be sending the spark at the wrong time, hence not igniting the mixture.

Anonymous
29-12-01, 08:12 PM
well ur not gonna believe tis but for the 3rd time in a week ive taken the head off again took me 40min to do the hole lot gettin expert at it. the reason is i did a comp test again 2day and it was low it hit 5bar, so once again rang the head place spoke to a bloke and he goes the vavles, i told him bout the test they done on it and it was all ok, and he goes well that test tells us that if there any gases bein let through the valve seat but not really show bent valves, but it usally does cause they wont sit properly hence let the gases through. so he cum to the conclusion that it could be a inlet vavle couple of thou bent if it made contact wiv the piston and is not noticable when the vavles are closed but, when it cums to them openin and closin its slowin it down so 2mozz im gonna av the valves out and though mite aswell change all the vavle stem seals while im there. if i take the valves out and make sure they go back in from where they cum from i dont av to lap them in again doi? thats only if i get new valves aint it.

Anonymous
30-12-01, 02:18 AM
you should re lap em, even if you manage to get them EXACTLY in the right place. its only a 10 minute job and it will cost ?5 at the most!

"I'm a junky with a monkey"

Anonymous
31-12-01, 08:26 AM
Just remove the suspect valve, if you roll it across a flat surface you may be able to see it wobble slightly.