PDA

View Full Version : Nova TD

CarlosTD
14-04-07, 08:37 PM
Decided it's time to throw in the towell with our Nova. Last week the tie bar ripped itself off the front crossmember and further investigation has revaled that the whole front is completely rotten. Needs a new front panel/crossmember welded in. I haven't got the time to do this myself, or the money to pay someone else to do it so we've decided to get rid of it.

Until this happened it drove perfect and has served us well. In the time we've had it (since September) I've given it 2 oil/filter changes, new glowplugs, new air filter, new fuel filter and have adjusted the rear brakes. Also had 2 new tyres.

Aesthetically it's got the grey SR wheel trims, SR front bumper, GTE seats (although the rear bench isnt fitted), GTE door cards and an SR centre console.

It's got MoT till July and is also taxed, but I can't remember when it runs out.

So would anyone be interested in it for a project? It could easily be put back on the road with a bit of work - ideal if you're handy with a welder as the front panel is only about ?50.

Not sure what it would be worth? So make me an offer.

Here's how she looks:
http://www.carlgibbs.com/gallery/d/2098-1/DSC00431.JPG

NovaLad
14-04-07, 08:44 PM
Nice lookign car .. shame you have to sell ... the jobs needed doing to this to fix it back up are only minor ...

General Baxter
15-04-07, 10:47 AM
ill offer ?200
due to i got mine with 12months mot and tax for ?325 ;)

CarlosTD
16-04-07, 06:28 PM
General Baxter - it's yours if you still want it! If so let me know and we can sorted something out

General Baxter
16-04-07, 06:43 PM
sorry mate, its cheaper to repair mine

CarlosTD
16-04-07, 07:37 PM
No worries.

Well if no one else wants it it'll be broken for parts

Lee-1984
16-04-07, 07:45 PM
how much do you want for it?

CarlosTD
16-04-07, 10:48 PM
Adding it up earlier I reckon we could make ?150 out of breaking it, so I would like to get at least that if selling it whole.

I think it's taxed to July, along with MoT till July, and if someone was handy with a welder it could make a decent car again. There was a fair bit of other welding done for the MoT last year, so even though the cross member was missed, the rest *should* be fairly solid. Rear acrhes could do with a bit of tidying though