PDA

View Full Version : removing rear wiper

dj_wudgey
13-04-07, 05:14 PM
does anyone know where i can get a little plug to fill the hole ive been to a few diy shops and halfrauds and got nothing any one know???

mayhem
13-04-07, 05:31 PM
i got one at the car audio shop. used to be plug from one of the wire 'holes' under the hood

Lee
13-04-07, 05:35 PM
Any good autofactors should be able to sell you a grommet, although it looks better if you fiberglass the hole and respray the tailgate.

bola
13-04-07, 10:10 PM
stick a small piece of metal to the inside of the boot over the hole, using araldite then a quick skim of filler then paint over it and its done!

lee coley
13-04-07, 10:13 PM
stick a small piece of metal to the inside of the boot over the hole, using araldite then a quick skim of filler then paint over it and its done!
then in 3 weeks the filler will crack and look a bollocks:wtf:

Either weld it up or leave it in.(get me or your dad to weld it up:roll: )

staggy_gsi
13-04-07, 10:24 PM
do it properly!!! weld it up it wont take 5 mins to do.

dj_wudgey
15-04-07, 11:39 AM
yea nice thanks for the help guys yea lee i think ill take your advice im guna get me dad to weld it up and then ill have to get it sprayed may have to wait till after pv though lol got sooo much work to do in so little time lol.

dj_wudgey
16-04-07, 11:25 AM
yea i forgot ive got to get a grommet because i have the sr vinyl on the tailgate and im not getting rid off that so it looks like going through to some shops to get one lol thanks again lads

big gra
16-04-07, 06:39 PM
haha mines still got a hole, my mates call it my speed hole!

doherty
16-04-07, 06:47 PM
weld it up an lead fill it !! lead filling = no sinking ;)

RJM25R
16-04-07, 09:22 PM
1. Go to vauxhall parts counter
2. Take ?3.50 out of your pocket
3. Ask parts lad for a "corsa aeriel blanking grommet" and watch him strugglr on ETKA until he finds it.
4. Give him the money and paint it body-colour and it looks almost as good as a welded finish but costs (wait for it!!) less than a fiver! It has a bolt on the back of it to stop it getting thieved.

novabex
17-04-07, 04:56 PM
I left the rubber grommit thing on and filled that with silicon sealant.