PDA

View Full Version : best coilover on the market

philthepill_389
12-04-07, 11:57 AM
as above for fast road and same track day use for 1.6 8v nova

thanks

*cobra*
12-04-07, 12:03 PM
I've got Gaz on my Nova Sport and I wish they weren't on it. Extremely hard drive if you like that kinda thing and can be lowered to the floor again if you like that kinda thing. 1/10

Stuart
12-04-07, 12:05 PM
Leda, Nitron, Ohlins... get your credit card out....

Bilstein cup dampers (big fat yellow ones) and springs are perfect for road/track use, they arent coilovers but they do a damn fine job for the cash

dan16v
12-04-07, 03:04 PM
I've got Gaz on my Nova Sport and I wish they weren't on it. Extremely hard drive if you like that kinda thing and can be lowered to the floor again if you like that kinda thing. 1/10

you obviously did not spec your spring weight/length correctly for the intended purpose of the car when ordering them

nova---chris
12-04-07, 06:24 PM
pro flex. nice un cheap. might want to flog your house first.

Martin
12-04-07, 06:27 PM
http://www.eurorallye.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=8_13&products_id=229

Mike
12-04-07, 06:31 PM

Agreed! THE best suspension, many a WRC and BTCC team swear by these

samc
12-04-07, 06:42 PM
what are the avos like? any got them?

loggyboy
12-04-07, 06:52 PM
Leda, Nitron, Ohlins... get your credit card out....

Bilstein cup dampers (big fat yellow ones) and springs are perfect for road/track use, they arent coilovers but they do a damn fine job for the cash

Now leda have gone belly up id be inclind to leave them alone as future servicing (which u want when ur spending close to 4 figures) is unlikely to carry on forever. Im sure there will be ways, but i wouldnt wanna risk it.

Stuart
12-04-07, 06:59 PM
lol good point, forgot about that little detail lol

Chris
12-04-07, 07:27 PM

agreed. If you are going to do it, then do it properly.

Failing that go for the Bilstein Cup dampers with decent tarmac spec springs.

Forget the bedroom motorsport stuff, try the stuff which has been tried and tested for years in motorsport.

If you really want the lower the car more than the aftermarket springs then get some custom ones, rather than just lowering the coilovers, which also inturn affects the spring tension.

Rick Draper
12-04-07, 08:46 PM
Agreed! THE best suspension, many a WRC and BTCC team swear by these

No they dont :roll:

craig green
13-04-07, 02:31 PM
Whole thread is a crack up tbh.

Depending on where you ask you get different results.

I wouldnt use Ohlins or Nitron etc. hardly proven in Nova circles are they?

Sure you could save up the ?Xgrand to put them on only to find the company releived you of all the money just to slap on what they thought was a guess at getting it right.

*Best handling Nova I've ever driven was a poverty spec K reg shell with a GSi 8v lump & Courtenay Clubman/deCarbon kit. ?325 back in the day.

* This is merely my own unbiased findings. PLS dont bother boring me by arguing otherwise.

philthepill_389
13-04-07, 04:28 PM
i have billys on at the moment and it handels like its in rails but there getting a bit tired and not sure of the modle to replace them so i was thinking of billy b8 sprint with coil spings 80 rear 60 front

any one tried this set up