PDA

View Full Version : I Dont beleeeve it part2

Anonymous
16-12-01, 02:50 PM
well when i though fings could not get any worse they did! my mates cous whos an engineer ad a go for me today, he could not get it out either, he tryed drillin i out but he has also slightly started to drill into the block will this b ok? also hes advised me to get my car towed to an engineerin place and get wats call spoted out which he ge they get a hot rod and get it out that way, ay one heard of tis. also any other suggestions now.Alsothe bolt seems rock had and was bluntenin the bits, and one of his bits was worth ?60 which he goes is used for drillin into railway lines. wat do i do:(

Anonymous
16-12-01, 03:07 PM
fuck me!

ermm
change the block?

Micky@novaload.net

Anonymous
16-12-01, 03:27 PM
noooo dont say that theres gotta be a solution without takin the block out or changin it cause i only had it rollin rd few mths back.

Anonymous
16-12-01, 03:49 PM
You need a tool called a 'Tapered Easy-Out'. First you need to drill a small pilot hole down through the old bolt using a tungsten tipped drill bit. The easy-out has a left handed thread so when you screw it down the pilot hole it will grip the hole and screw the bolt out as it screws in. Easy :D

Anonymous
16-12-01, 04:34 PM
if u use an easy out mind, make sure u dont snap the fucker cause they are real brittle, if u snap it and that gets stuck in the sheared bolt then u r fucked, cause they are rock hard, and near on impossible to drill out! so take it easy if u use em

Anonymous
16-12-01, 06:18 PM
he tryed drillin it out but he has also slightly started to drill into the block will this b ok?

oh dear :O

Anonymous
16-12-01, 07:02 PM
Errm. I knew this was going to be a t**t for you.
Go to an engineering place. I think in all fairness its beyond your resources now. They will be able to get it out even if it means totally boring out the old hole. There are a number of things they can do to sort this for you to make it as good as new. Get a yellow pages and start asking around, you should find someone fairly local to help.

Anonymous
16-12-01, 08:16 PM
spotting it out is a good way to do it, what happens is the stud is built up with weld, then a hex head is welded onto that. then its just a matter of undoing it

"I'm a junky with a monkey"

Anonymous
16-12-01, 10:13 PM
ive spoke to my sisters boyfriend and hes gettin his brother on the case as he works at and engineerin place called wickers who built engines for royles royce's and hs meant to b shithot and he said hill look at it a laugh so hopefully he should get it out fingers crossed and toes,hairs:)

Anonymous
16-12-01, 10:16 PM
o yer so is there anyfin i could do performance wise while the heads of bearin in mind i already got a blydenstien head cam kit.The only fing i could fink of was an uprated head gasket for more comp, wat do u fink? also wheres the best place to get um from and how much?

Anonymous
17-12-01, 05:17 PM
thing is

if the threads are that tight no "easy out" is going to remove it

Micky@novaload.net

Anonymous
25-12-01, 06:13 PM
Try and weld a nut on the top of the broken bolt an unskrew it.