PDA

View Full Version : Turbo manifold for X14XE

Dragyth
11-04-07, 12:35 PM
Hey guys,

Would a turbo manifold from a Cavvy/Calib 2.0Turbo fit an X14XE?

What about the turbo flange, is that for a T28?

Cheers,
Dragyth

Stuart
11-04-07, 01:35 PM
No and No.

you will need to get a bespoke manifold made to suit the X14xe, or get a flange made up to convert the std X14xe manifold to T25 mounting...

Dragyth
11-04-07, 02:56 PM
Ah, ok cool.

Would I need the flange mig-welded onto the X14XE manifold, and what other kind of modifications would I need to run the T25 turbo at low boost (say 6-9psi)?

I'm guessing I wouldn't need a 5th injector so long as the boost was around 0.5BAR but what about an uprated inlet manifold - would I need one?

Stuart
11-04-07, 03:26 PM
ok your going for a bodge turbo conversion... nice.

my personal 1400 16v build would be as follows:
a standard type bottom end rebuild consisting of;
Lower compression pistons
rebore/hone whichever is needed
new rings
have the crank checked over (regrind or polish if need be)
de seam and shot pean the con rods and refit with ARP rod bolts.
new gaskets/seals rebuild to bottom end parts
ensure deck is flat

head, strip and rebuild with mild porting to remove casing imperfections, new stem seals, lap valves etc.

new GM head gasket.
have a T25 flance welded to the inlet, although welding cast is a bitch.. a botl on adapter might be better.
change inlet manifold for a mantzel style one as i dont think the std plastic one can cope... mayb ean early 1.6 16v inlet could work

keep std injectors for now.
mappable aftermarket ecu and mapping.

should be a nice reliable 180-200bhp...

im not going to offer advice for a pikie motorsport method as it will melt your engine and I dont want the blame for that :p

Dragyth
11-04-07, 05:59 PM
Ah, alright then. Fair enough.

I was thinking on the base principle of getting a turbo working at a low boost and working up, but I'd probably only get carried away and melt a few things...

Few questions, though, where can I get low compression pistons from, should I fit a "group A" metal headgasket as opposed to the GM one (for even higher boost pressures in the future), and should I bother with having the camshafts ground down slightly for longer valve opening?

Oh and my X14XE has a metal inlet manifold, I'm pretty sure.
I've got one of those for a C14SE, too, but I'm told it came off a C16SE.

Cheers.