PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

KSRY
10-04-07, 05:12 PM
For the past two months, I have been in a fight with myself over what to do regarding my car, I currently have 1.2 Nova Spin (slightly modified, have parts that haven't been fitted yet tho), its done 71k, and I know the previous two owners, i think it was in an accident before them tough, as the rear passenger panel's battered, overall its in good condition for its age, but its faded, so its in between pink and red now, looks slightly like a cut n shunt (two cars into one) but its not, however, my Dad bought me it as I stayed at home for uni, and hes now said if I want another car, I can have one, and he'll buy it, budget ceiling is 1250, meaning all I've got to do is pay 4maintainance, the nova is my 1st car and I really like it, I drive a Pug 206 TDi for work but enjoy driving the nova more, so basically I'm askin other nova lovers what they'd do??
Thanks, as I really don't know....

draper
10-04-07, 05:14 PM
take the 1250 off your dad and spend it on the nova ??

Iain
10-04-07, 05:15 PM
Is your dad willing to buy you another Nova? If so I'd find a nice GSi; You can get a good one for ?1250 and fit the modifying parts you have lying around.

Jack
10-04-07, 05:19 PM
Whats your maintenance and insurance budget like?

KSRY
10-04-07, 08:41 PM
Yeah he is but I don't want one thats been ragged, or modified much, if I were to buy a GSi, I'd probably leave it nearly standard, as I think it looks good enough as it is, but to find a standard GSi thats not been ragged is rare, but you never know, My Da'ds given me 600 for insurance which means roughly group 12, but I could probably add another 200 to it for the right car, maintance-wise, as long as there arn't any major issues, I don't have a problem as I can do some smaller stuff, and I deliver car parts, part-time, so I can get cheap repairs if needed...

Jack
10-04-07, 08:49 PM
205 GTi :D

KSRY
10-04-07, 09:03 PM
Lol, thats the 1thing I forgot to mention, I'm not allowed to go French, hes not a big fan....

draper
10-04-07, 09:07 PM
what parts have you got lying about ?? how modified is it ??

your orginal nova i mean

KSRY
10-04-07, 09:18 PM
its got a spoiler, alloys, the interior is pretty much all non standard apart from the boot area, the roof and the pillars, the bumpers are jet black but they are still standard size, meshed grill, de badged on the rear, darkened lights with red surround....

Got MCR front n rear bumpers, but sold skirts and mirrors, got a couple of other little things lying around too.....

KSRY
10-04-07, 09:18 PM
I was consdiering, something like a Rover 200/25 16v, Nissan 100nx, or an astra....

draper
10-04-07, 09:23 PM
out of your choices there id say astra if you wanna sell, take a look at the features pages here tho, read some of the projects like joffs and all the other ones see if it inspires you

Jack
10-04-07, 09:56 PM
The 100nx sucks major bums. Not only is it poop, it looks poop. I was going to suggest 200SX S13 but the insurance may be a bit much.

Lee
10-04-07, 10:08 PM
Lol, thats the 1thing I forgot to mention, I'm not allowed to go French, hes not a big fan....

Id like to go for a pint with your dad :thumb:

1250 with 600 insurance budget gives you some reasonable scope.

If it were me id be shopping for a clean MK2 golf GTi. Theyre probably right at the bottom of what theyre worth right now, cant see them going lower. Insurance may be a problem depending on how old you are though.

Failing that, for something a bit newer, go for a Vento. I miss mine :( Theyre bloody peanuts for the amount of car you get! And because theyre not a hatch, the insurance is very good!

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/xp/carndriv/20061122/07/1369219024.jpg

Its got to be a 2.0 GL, theyre fully loaded! a CL just isnt worth it for the price you can pick up a GL. They look bloody lovely on 17's with a conservative drop, and your dad will think your uber mature lol P

dannyb
11-04-07, 01:05 AM
I was consdiering, something like a Rover 200/25 16v, Nissan 100nx, or an astra....

You get a lot of Rover for your money, and the Honda engines they have are very good, pain in the **** to work on though.

What will you expect from the car? Do you need to use it for work, or is it a toy? Do you need lots of room for mates?

peester
11-04-07, 10:08 AM
, looks slightly like a cut n shunt (two cars into one) but its not,

bit of an odd thing to say...

ide have to say move on - you dont sound like you like the car very much, maye you like novas in general, but not yours..
Sell it, get summat else.. the rovers are a lot of car for the money, very modern and cost sod all.. have potential, buy at 1.4 25 3 door in a nice colour, maybe find a rear-shunted right-off mgzr, transplant front and side kits onto the 25?? then find a rear kit and stick it on.. dump it, 17's, sortayed.
Taken @ Donny at the weekend: nice nice
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/peester/DSC00303.jpg

KSRY
11-04-07, 03:58 PM
That Rover looks pretty nice, I need it 4just general purpose really, A-B but I want to enjoy driving it, plus, its got to be a hatch because I've got a dog, n I think saloons are abit ugly really(no offence to bottlethroddy)....And yes I do complain about the car, but I do like it, it just has alot of little faults, I can't get insurance 4 a GTi I'm only 20.....