PDA

View Full Version : Chasis Leg mods -2litre fit

Anonymous
09-12-01, 04:23 PM
Can somebody please give me the exact dimensions to where the chasis leg needs to be modified to fit the alternator in of a valver?
(either hammered, or prefer cut & weld).
My garage bloke is gonna do it, and he aint got the valver, so I need to tell him exactly where to do the work.
Please help.
Thanks. . . . ;)

Anonymous
09-12-01, 07:01 PM
not done a valver but from what ive read (lots!!!!) some people dont need to modify it and some others do, and even when they do im sure its in an identical place for every single application i.e. one variable on each conversion is the mounts that are used

Hi officer.
What?
She said she was 16!
NOT AGAIN FFS

Anonymous
09-12-01, 07:42 PM
I'm probably gonna be using brand new Vauxhall Nova engine mounts, with an adapter for the front mount from Novatech to lower the engine, so bonnet shuts.

Anonymous
09-12-01, 11:17 PM
looking down from the top you will see a fuel line clip, that is where the center of the alt ends up the needs to be flat from here to the top top of the steering arm hole

lol if this ain't enough info then harrass kev to come and take a pic of my bay where the alt has cut a nice alt pulley shape hole in the leg :D

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

2.0 16v back soon :D

Anonymous
10-12-01, 10:03 AM
my alternator is in the process of making its own hole in the chassis leg :D !!!

:D:D 2.0l 8v. It actually works !!!! :D:D

Anonymous
10-12-01, 02:25 PM
Can u please measure it for me, please??
I need to tell the guy ASAP.
I appreciate all help, thanks.

Anonymous
10-12-01, 06:59 PM
LOOK AT THIS LINK, AND TELL ME WHERE ON THE BOTTOM LEFT-HAND PICTURE ... AND DESCRIBE IT FROM HERE. I know very roughly, from seeing a couple of 2 litre cars...

www.pngregion4.co.uk/page20.html

cheers

Anonymous
10-12-01, 07:23 PM
Right on my car i went from the back of the turrit to the front of the turrit and about 2"-3" down I will measure it for you tomorrow. O and you need to got in about 1/2", I had mine cut and plated and it looks very nice (i am sure Ste will agree with me on that one!) That was using Carquip mounts. I can get some pictures of it tomorrow i think but i am not sure. Rick

They say "good things come to those who wait" and me and John have waited longer than most!

Anonymous
10-12-01, 08:03 PM
That would be fantastic m8!
cheers,
sid@novastyle.co.uk

Anonymous
12-12-01, 05:03 PM
Just spoke to my garage bloke...
He is very unsure about this! Anybody got any pictures?? or exact dimensions PLEASE?

At the moment he thinks he has to make the steering arm hole bigger ... he doesnt want to do the hammering option, wants to do the proper cut & weld.

I HAVE TO TELL HIM ASAP!
Thanks

sid@novastyle.co.uk

Anonymous
12-12-01, 06:43 PM
why don't you fit the engine and see where it hits

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

2.0 16v back soon :D

Anonymous
12-12-01, 07:42 PM
Thats the problem with my car being 300 miles away from me!! and he aint gonna touch the valver...
taken 1.6 out, do the stuff, putting that back in.

I dont want somebody else to take a hammer to the engine bay cos then all the paint will flake off...

Anonymous
12-12-01, 10:25 PM
Sid sorry m8 i have not sorted any pics yet i a link that might help you, http://www.marcoboerdam.myweb.nl/index-uk.htm
go to that page click on DIY conversions (after you have clicked english) Then click on Mathijssen technics, click on corsa A and finally click on the link on the bottom right at the top of that page (Ombouw omschrijving the link is called) There are shaded pics of what needs cutting back and stuff. Not in English though! Rick

They say "good things come to those who wait" and me and John have waited longer than most!

Anonymous
16-12-01, 10:04 PM
I cant see the shaded pics anywhere..?