PDA

View Full Version : What should i do???

wings
09-04-07, 08:09 PM
Hi,

Iv got a astra S reg 1.6. I was about to put it up for sale when my mate crashed it. It will need new frount bumper, bonnet and frount left wheel looks bent.

What will be the best way to go now. Should i repair it then sell it or just sell it. It was in perfect nick.

Any comments would help

ade
09-04-07, 08:11 PM
depends on how much damage and how much you wanted for it. Claim on insurance to get it fixed up then flog it if its badly damaged. If the wheels bent then there could be underlying chassis damage.

micknova
09-04-07, 08:16 PM
sorry to say this mate but u need to scrap it and get a nova if u badly want money from it scavenge around it and find what is still good on it and sell the car in bits u will probably get more than u thought that way as well:thumb:

Riggy
09-04-07, 08:22 PM
get your mate to pay for it if he crashed it

Dave.
09-04-07, 08:24 PM
2nd the above /\

Haynzee
09-04-07, 08:47 PM
you crash it, you buy it

micknova
09-04-07, 08:58 PM
u cant expect your mate to pay after all u did let him drive be carefull who u give your car to in future however i wouldnt be happy with your mate he must have been givin it some to crash it and that shows lack of respect for your car

draper
09-04-07, 10:19 PM
if i crashed my mates car id repair it for him

Novadex
09-04-07, 10:38 PM
u cant expect your mate to pay after all u did let him drive be carefull who u give your car to in future however i wouldnt be happy with your mate he must have been givin it some to crash it and that shows lack of respect for your car

thats rolox...
If he lent it then its his responsibility! If i lent my car to a friend and he smashed it i wouldnt even consider paying for his mistake! I would never lend something unless i was willing to pay for the worst case scenario, and i would expect the same back...

micknova
10-04-07, 12:52 PM
maybe he should get a new friend.

chris-gsi
10-04-07, 12:56 PM
if i crashed my mates car id repair it for him

thats the way it should be

Pillar
10-04-07, 01:08 PM
i spent ?100 repairing my mates BMW, was cheap as i done it all myself
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p130/Pillar_photos/P2200173.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p130/Pillar_photos/finishedthebmw.jpg

Stuart
10-04-07, 03:11 PM
so mick, can i borrow you car, smash it up and you pay for the fix yeah? deal :D

micknova
10-04-07, 03:14 PM
no because i dont let anyone drive my car.when it was a 1.6 i let a couple of people drive it,ive spent too much money now and it might not be their fault for the crash,at least im the only one to blame if im the only one driving.:Dwatch your spelling :D

Novadex
10-04-07, 03:43 PM
no because i dont let anyone drive my car.when it was a 1.6 i let a couple of people drive it,ive spent too much money now and it might not be their fault for the crash,at least im the only one to blame if im the only one driving.:Dwatch your spelling :D

best way to be! and i try not to lend something if i can help it...
can save alot of trouble

micknova
10-04-07, 03:49 PM
well said matey.i dont want to fall out with mates so i dont give chance for that to happen:thumb:

wings
10-04-07, 05:16 PM
thanks for advice. Yes he is paying but should he just put it in garage or me sell it and he gives me money towards new car :)

Anyone on here want it lol.

Stuart
10-04-07, 05:44 PM
it will sell for a hell of a lot less than it will cost to repair.... his call on that one really.