PDA

View Full Version : Sri/Gsi suspension?

Anonymous
12-12-01, 09:25 AM
Am i right in thinking that the suspenion setup (springs+dampers) on the Nova Sri is exactly the same set up as on the Gsi, as opposed to being like the SR? :)

Anonymous
12-12-01, 10:14 AM
yeah thats the one

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
12-12-01, 11:25 AM
yup, supposedly the vauxhall plant ran out of SR bits to put on the SRi so had to put GSi bits on.

could be wrong though...

www.RoyBacer.co.uk
Ged@RoyBacer.co.uk

Red mk2 on white GSi 15s

Anonymous
12-12-01, 12:40 PM
nope ur right. they even used gsi brakes :)

For Sale- 15" TSW Stealths Good tyres offers??
35mm offset.

Taxed,tested and insured.Go chase criminals

Anonymous
12-12-01, 01:08 PM
lol but they had loads of std/sr parts for the other models the run out of stock thing is an old wives tale from years ago mad up by sri owners to make them feel special i suppose they ran out of shells too and thats why the sri's are using the gte/gsi spec shell?

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

2.0 16v back soon :D

Anonymous
12-12-01, 02:04 PM
Sri is the newer GSi with different bottom end engine. thats about it. and maybe 1 or 2 other things such as bottom 1/2 vynal, side skirts etc. Some things on the sri are better i think. Such as back lit sun visors (women thing). I never seen that on a GSI!

Anonymous
12-12-01, 04:39 PM
fairy muff ste...i said i could be wrong! lol

dicko, yup, the SRi's are nice motors, nice interior's, as u mention back lit sun visors etc etc...very nice little models

www.RoyBacer.co.uk
Ged@RoyBacer.co.uk

Red mk2 on white GSi 15s

Anonymous
12-12-01, 06:46 PM
lol following on from above the had std shells up to L reg so they hadn't run out when the sri was launched on J

Anonymous
12-12-01, 11:03 PM
yeah i have an sri but those mirror light things are poofy although i like the dials though and the brakes feel better than sr ones best of all a K&N 57i kit only costs 42 pounds

Anonymous
13-12-01, 10:50 AM
r u sure ste?? I'm almost 100 % i have gsi brakes coz there tons better than a set of sr ones I've tried( same reg sr mates car)
I'm sure 100% that they at least come with gsi brakes as theres a big difference!!!!

For Sale- 15" TSW Stealths Good tyres offers??
35mm offset.

Taxed,tested and insured.Go chase criminals

Anonymous
13-12-01, 11:07 AM
ive got back lit mirors (both sides) and they came as std in the flair :)

"I'm a junky with a monkey"

Anonymous
13-12-01, 11:23 AM
I have a H reg SR, and want to lower it, not so much the back but the front looks like a big foot truck, theres so much space.
If i put a set of SRI/GSI ones will it look lower and if so how much lower.

Also the brakes on it suck will SRI/GSI ones improve the braking performance compaired to my pants SR standards?

Don't Under estimate a 1.4

Anonymous
13-12-01, 11:52 AM
yes the sri has sri brakes the gsi also has sri brakes too

Anonymous
23-12-01, 05:26 PM
I have a J plate SR (not i) and I've got those girly sun visors with the lights in too :)

Toby