PDA

View Full Version : opinions on newish cars

Riggy
08-04-07, 08:41 PM
right its time to get a comfy everyday car , unsure of the future of the 2 nova's yet though lol

and ive been looking at all sorts prob got about 3k to play with , have looked at some cheap impretza turbos and cheap saph cossies etc etc

but for some reasons ive really started to like mk4 astra's and i want a
gsi so much but there a bit out of my range for the time so im considering a 2.2 sri this one in particular

http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/ATD_web/servlet/media?id=502062534

now i can get this at a very good price , its a 51 plate and has all the extra's air con/traction control/cruise control/plus the rest lol

just after some info of anyone who has had a go of one or more sugestions of cars to look at , but i think it will get traded in for a gsi in about 2 years :thumb:

General Baxter
08-04-07, 08:43 PM
omega?
vectra?
newish corsa?

mk4 gold gti?

alltho you can get a cally or chavalier turbo for around ?3k now

novacabrio
08-04-07, 08:51 PM
2.2 SRI is a nice car, plenty go in them, what about a 2.2 coupe?

Riggy
08-04-07, 08:53 PM
omega's are ace but it would have to be an elite and i think there a bit big for everyday still want to give it a bit here and there

vectra's again it would have to be a gsi and there suprsingly still quite dear lol altgough you can get a 2.5v6 gsi for 2.5k full loaded and mint im sure there are better cars for the money

corsa c - get ****ed i drove my mums the other day , there gash

golf gti , also looked at these 1.8t gti , 3k ish , but very high millage for that and there not that fast lol

Philsutton
08-04-07, 08:53 PM
They are all ****, when you start working on newer cars you'll understand what i mean, their is no logic to how they are designed / built.

Riggy
08-04-07, 08:56 PM
2.2 SRI is a nice car, plenty go in them, what about a 2.2 coupe?

lol nearly rang you and said get us a deal on one lol never been a fan of the coupe really mark

so woud you rate them as there only 144 bhp arnt they but have decent tq's

what should they be selling for mark , and are they reliable , one i have seen has a slight engine missfire but its less the half the price of all the others for sale

Dar
08-04-07, 08:57 PM
For 3k you could get a nice GTI-6:thumb:

Riggy
08-04-07, 08:59 PM
lol dar its got to be anything but french lol , nothing to do with the cars as there **** hot , its just rexy and chris have tryed to get me to go french for ages and id get so much stick lol

novacabrio
08-04-07, 09:01 PM
coil pack is the only troble i know of mate, feel free to give me a ring

Kinky Monza
08-04-07, 09:01 PM
A guy i know has the SRI turbo, he's had engine work done by 888 and his is pretty tastey!

To drive they're quite comfy, they can be played with and easily modded :thumb:

draper
08-04-07, 09:03 PM
my mates just got rid of a mk4 coupe, was a nice car to drive i thought. the above astra looks good aswell

and you could always sell me PePE ;)

Riggy
08-04-07, 09:11 PM
lol it might come to that yet , or the track slag might go , grrr cant decide

Ash
08-04-07, 09:36 PM
newer cars are gay! lol

John
08-04-07, 09:54 PM
Riggy watch for timing chain failures on the z22se engines, the tensioners and guide bolts are prone to failure on earlier engines, Not cheap if they fail!! I've done loads of these at work ( some even under warranty!)

lee coley
08-04-07, 10:58 PM
vectra saloon 2.2 SRI 150.very nice,did one last year,i like them alot,

Lee
08-04-07, 11:01 PM
Astra 2.2 + Courtenay SC conversion.

ABout 250 bhp and bags of torque in a very capable chassis with sleeper credentials!

Adam
08-04-07, 11:20 PM
Im a big fan of mk4 astras. Very nice cars.
As john said, most have had replacement timing kits under warranty, i think Stu had/tried to have his vx 2.2 done.

dannyb
09-04-07, 12:54 AM
How about a drift bitch 3 series? you can get a lot of car for your money (with a bit spare in case it goes wrong!) Or possibly a Corrado, theres a lot of clean ones out there and I really rate them for a front drive car.