PDA

View Full Version : Fitting Performance BackBox

Anonymous
10-12-01, 03:27 PM
Right,
The time has come for me to spend the birthday wonga and the next step is a new zorst.
Is the best way to do this just to go out and buy a backbox then get the best quote from a garage for them to install it or what?
I have a mk1 nova, do i need sizing info before i but (eg manifolds, etc), or will any fit?

Cheers

Whats a VTS then??

grant@modifiedcars.com

""Formally Novaheat 612""

Anonymous
10-12-01, 05:01 PM
I take it your going for the full system then ?

You will need to get the correct one for the car mate. mk1 1.0l etc, call someone like demon tweeks and get a quote on apiper evo 3 system. You might want to call a few companies (High Q, Kwik Fit) and ask them how much they will charge to fit the system with parts supplied ?

:D:D 2.0l 8v. It actually works !!!! :D:D

Anonymous
10-12-01, 06:14 PM
got mine from ripspeed, free fiting!

Anonymous
10-12-01, 07:54 PM
dont think that kwik fit / high q would be very interested if its only theback box. maybe if its a full system. best to go to a local garage.

[-flash.gif-]

Anonymous
10-12-01, 10:55 PM
err fit it ur self

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

2.0 16v back soon :D

Anonymous
11-12-01, 12:50 AM
I agree with ste...it's not a hard job to do ya self.....go on, you know you really want to go laying on the floor under the car in the freezing cold....lol!

Ok, maybe you might not want to do that, but it's part of the fun :D

I'll be freezing my nuts off this week fitting my JP zorst, if all goes well ;)
(temporary measure of using an SR manifold and down-pipes on my GTE!)

The thing is, I'll be doing two zorst swaps, 'cos the JP's got to come off the Antibes first, then the standard zorsts got to come off the GTE, then the JP's got to go on the GTE, then a different zorts got to go on the Antibes...ah, it's such fun!

If you want to pay someone to do it, try a small local zorst place...they won't charge the earth like larger places.
My local tyre/zorst place only charged a tenner to fit my Peco centre section when I did that last year.....I only paid to have it done cost I didn't have time to do it my self.

Anonymous
14-12-01, 01:53 AM
dont buy ur zorst yet!!

proven products r very good!
got my magnex system for 180!!
fcukin cheap eh??

fir it yerself u lazy fecker!!!

:D

although it is v.cold

"Saxo?, i'd rather walk!"

:D