PDA

View Full Version : gah!

mk2novagte
06-04-07, 03:27 PM
i cant get me headunit out!!!!!!!!! tis stuck.

any way of getting to it? can i take the centre console out or anything?

help please as i should be selling my old car today and need to get the nice headunit from that into the nova :roll:

cheers

ive_had_a_novadose
06-04-07, 04:20 PM
if its a mk2 dash then you can just reach behind the dash at the bottom and push it out from the bottom of the headunit aswell as pulling it from the front as this is how mine came out lol couldnt get it out just by pulling it from the front

Jon_nova1
06-04-07, 04:59 PM
have you put pins down the side of the head unit?

mk2novagte
06-04-07, 05:02 PM
its out!

i had to put like 4 knives down each side, then reach through the top of the glove box and across to push it out from behind. im knackered.

and now what's worse is that i can't get me fooking sub to work! got my 6x9's going but the sub just doesn't want to come on, i think that the wirings wrong as i dont think theres even any power being sent that way.

anyone on here know about this stuff?

turbojolt
06-04-07, 05:20 PM
its out!

i had to put like 4 knives down each side, then reach through the top of the glove box and across to push it out from behind. im knackered.

and now what's worse is that i can't get me fooking sub to work! got my 6x9's going but the sub just doesn't want to come on, i think that the wirings wrong as i dont think theres even any power being sent that way.

anyone on here know about this stuff?

alot of amps i ahev come across normaly have some kind of light on them to indcate if there is power running to them

ive_had_a_novadose
06-04-07, 05:39 PM
when i wired my sub and amp in i had got all the wires correct but still wasnt working so i decided to give the wires some fresh wire on each end so i stripped the wire ends to fresh wire and it worked dont know if thats your problem but every bit of advise helps