PDA

View Full Version : track days

chris-gsi
04-04-07, 03:27 PM
hi all, well im looking into track days, dont have a car or anything at mo, looking for summit BUDGET priced etc were to start etc,building isnt the problem but what do i need to be able to do track days? i.e does it get checked, and what does it need? and what car most of all?

Chris
04-04-07, 03:33 PM
get something which is safe. It doesnt need to be fast, doesnt really need to handle well, just safe so you can enjoy it and hopefully learn something.

Is the car going to be a dedicated track car or a road car too?

Regarding being checked and what it needs depends on where you do your trackdays. But common sense is required, with that you will be fine.

Chris

chris-gsi
04-04-07, 03:42 PM
has to be not exactly fast but fast ish whats the point of a track car slower than my road car.it would have to be road legal to get there.but will probs be used just on tracks

Stuart
04-04-07, 03:48 PM
pug 205 1.6 or 1.9gti for out of the box awesomeness.

MR2's are dirt cheap these days and fun for **** out action

Jack
04-04-07, 03:50 PM
If you want RWD, I'd go for an S13 over an MR2

Timmy
04-04-07, 03:52 PM
where would you find out about track days and how much normaly and for how long?

Stuart
04-04-07, 04:01 PM
bookatrack, javelin, google for track days etc.

lots about these days as its a huge market. sometimes you can get evenings at a hugely discounted rate for a few hours. some are all day open pit, some are all day and sessioned etc etc

chris-gsi
04-04-07, 04:18 PM
stuart could you add me to msn to talk more bout this?
chrisgtrider@hotmail.com

also cant aforrd a mr2 etc due to insurence as im a lil 19 year old,lol

Timmy
04-04-07, 11:07 PM
1.3sr perfect track wepeon !!!