PDA

View Full Version : X16XE into Nova

hendrix
04-04-07, 03:06 PM
So then lads, how easy is this?? I have the engine, engine loom, ECU, Transponder chip etc.
Engine comming out is an e16se.
Will the xe exhaust downpipe mate straight to the GSi middle section or am I going to have to get something made up??
Also included with the engine was this strange looking box with a fan thing in it, think its to do with moving air??? EGR??????? Does this need wiring up somewhere as it has a large plug type connector with two pins but cant see where it would attach to the loom
Cheers

Adam
04-04-07, 04:32 PM
Pic of the box thingy?
Maybe egr, or air injection pump.

Use nova mounts.

Apparently the x16xe downpipe fits up to a gsi middle section without mods.

You will also need a bottom pully with a single v, and fit a single v pully to the x16 alternator.

Take the engine loom through behind the battery/.

I will soon be doing the same conversion myself.

craig green
04-04-07, 05:00 PM
I may have a spare X16XE down pipe....

speed sender for gearbox??

threading the loom through behind the battery will mean that the ECU has to sit on the drivers side shelf. (I'd do it passeger side & hide ECU behind glovebox)

Adam
04-04-07, 05:19 PM
I will be running mine through behind the batt, with the ecu bolted to the underside of the battery tray.

Space is limited on the passengers side.

At least yours being a e16se, you dont have all the engine wiring tied to the car loom, fookin dreading that job,lol.

And aye, as craig said, you'll need a speed sender fitted on the gearbox, if it doesn't already have one.

hendrix
05-04-07, 08:04 AM
speed sender??? :confused:
Where would I get one from if it dont already have one?? Does it wire into the loom somewhere??
Also same question about the bottom pulley, can I use from from another vauxhall? I'm guessing that you have to do it for the same reasons as when you do an C20XE conversion.
Cheers lads

ianglanister
05-04-07, 08:45 AM
yes but if you put the ecu under battery tray if you ever have a engine steam clean it will f*** it uip, i know this as im a car valeter and did one on mine other day forgot about my alarm siren and now its very weird the sound from it, hopefully it will dry out:) cheers Ian

craig green
05-04-07, 09:35 AM
The bottom pulley you need from an SRi or C16 GSI is a bit tricky to get hold of used. They arent that expensive from a main dealer.

if not look for mk3 Astras in scrapyards with MPI engines & no PAS. I saw 1 or 2 on my travels.

Adam
05-04-07, 09:58 AM
yes but if you put the ecu under battery tray if you ever have a engine steam clean it will f*** it uip, i know this as im a car valeter and did one on mine other day forgot about my alarm siren and now its very weird the sound from it, hopefully it will dry out:) cheers Ian
How on the inside of the car?

Get a speed sender from a nova spi, or a corsa etc
It should plug into the engine loom.

hendrix
05-04-07, 11:38 AM
ahh thats ok, i have a speedo cable on my SRi lump with one of them sender things.
I wasnt aware that pulleys on the C16SE and E16SE are different, I think there are some MPi astras kicking around the scrappy at the moment, if not ill be sending you a PM Craig lol

Adam
05-04-07, 11:58 AM
If you find a few pullys get me one lol
You may also need a x16 throttle cable.