PDA

View Full Version : major problem ??????

benny f gsi,n it
03-04-07, 11:42 PM
i have this problem with my nova gsi 1.6 8v engine it will rev fine low down but will only rev out to 5000rpm then go no more, went to have it set yup today and i was told it could be a few things:
1* might have a performance cam and standard valve springs so at high revs they aint closing quick enought and not gettin compression in the cylinder.

2* im using fully sysnthitec engine oil and its some how not allowing the hydrolic lifters to function.

im stumped at what to do so any help will be greatfull?
Ben

Welsh Dan
04-04-07, 12:03 AM
#2 is easy to solve, drain the oil and fill it with 15w40 GTX for high mileage/similar?

benny f gsi,n it
04-04-07, 12:12 AM
yer i was gonna try that 1st as its the cheapest option and see if that solves it rather than rip the head off new lifters new vlave springs only to find out it is the oil

Adam
04-04-07, 12:16 AM
What cam is it?

benny f gsi,n it
04-04-07, 12:24 AM
im not even sure cuase i got told my previous owner it was a fast road cam but no recipts so aint even sure im trying to trace all the old owners to see who put it on and see if they done the valve springs?

Adam
04-04-07, 12:29 AM
That wont be the prob imo.

I have a 295deg cam on 80k old std valve springs, all fine.

Are you running it on the std gsi injection setup? With airflow meter?

benny f gsi,n it
04-04-07, 12:35 AM
yer pritty much i got a k&n fse boost valve new injection rail thats it, i cant work it out

Adam
04-04-07, 12:51 AM
Does it have a dizzy?
Might need the ignition timing set.

The afm might not like the cam either, but i'd say you'd notice that more in lower revs.

What car is/was it? A gsi? or lower spec?

benny f gsi,n it
04-04-07, 12:54 AM
yer it does have a dizzy and that was played around with today at the rr yet it is a 1.6 8v gsi its fine get the power down nice in the low down revs

Adam
04-04-07, 12:59 AM
Got a MPI fuel pump fitted?
maybe fuel starvation

benny f gsi,n it
04-04-07, 01:07 AM
yer and no it was over fueling

benny f gsi,n it
04-04-07, 08:08 PM
i have just spoke to the 3rd owner before me and he has now told me it had a piper cam with the whole works stiffer springs and everything. but he was told it was a oil sensor at the back of the engine called lambida sensor he said?
???????????????????

Mikey_J
04-04-07, 08:28 PM
Fozz if you dont know what a lambda sensor is im gonna kick you the next time i see you! Is that what you were trying to find when i drove past your house at about half 5ish today?

benny f gsi,n it
04-04-07, 10:53 PM
nar it cant b that cuase it aint even got a lamba sensor cuase it came out just before they came in and no i was swapping my suspention for a koni set up lol. he said a oil sensor in the back of the engine!