PDA

View Full Version : window seals

vauxal
03-04-07, 10:19 PM
Hi, ive hit a problem with my nova rebuild, and would like some help and ideas. :) I need front and rear windscreen seals and have been told by vauxhall they are now discontinued. so does anybody know where i could source a good quality one, or have some made, or if there are any other seals that would fit? any information or ideas much appreciated :confused:

Mike
03-04-07, 10:20 PM
go down a scrappies with a large hammer, break a few windows, hey presto

Dave.
03-04-07, 10:22 PM
same here, snmash afew windows and just oull the rubber out, hopefully without breaking it.

vauxal
03-04-07, 10:31 PM
Thanks guys! the only prob is that i cant seem to find a nova in any of my local scrappies so it looks like im going to have to look harder.lol

ashtal
03-04-07, 10:50 PM
Contact a windscreen company like autoglass or nationwide masterglass. They will have them.

Mike
03-04-07, 10:55 PM
or just ask Colin Smith

Stuart
04-04-07, 08:08 AM
most people scrapping cars tend to cut the window seals to get the windows out.... so you'll be lucky to find someone who breaks novas to have a good nick from seal.

just keep an eye out on ebay for a screen with seal... gives you a spare screen.

oh and its by not buy ;)

starkmotorsport
05-04-07, 06:31 PM
Must be a recent thing then, Vauxhall used to be ?50 for a windscreen seal about a year ago.

We have plenty of spare seals, drop us an email to sales@starkmotorsport.com and we can sort out a set for you.