PDA

View Full Version : c20xe headgasket issue

stuartyhall
02-04-07, 04:52 PM
Right my headgasket has went. So today i decided to get it sorted. Took the engine to bits and got the head off, Headgasket didnt look broke etc and was covered in water and oil. also the 2 of the pistons had a mixture of oil and water in them, The car drove perfect and never overheated when i found out i had the problem. Does this mean ive got a porous head or is it maybe just the headgasket? If you need more info i will try n help

Cheers Stuart

gazz
02-04-07, 04:58 PM
have look in expansion tank see if it was creamy then its porus head, if oil in the engine has gone like mayonaise then head gasket.
hope it helps out abit

Jon_nova1
02-04-07, 05:19 PM
lol Gazz.

When you take the head off you'll seperate the water and oil channels from the bottom end and cylinder head, usually unless you have fully drained the system more water will be lost, and oil from the cylinder head might have mixed with it

gazz
02-04-07, 05:27 PM
????????
there wil be gunk still in bottle tho..
and it sounds like head as he said it drove ok
and never over heated......:p

Jon_nova1
02-04-07, 05:31 PM
why did you take it apart if it was all fine Stu? lol

Lee
02-04-07, 05:31 PM
What made you think it was HG?

stuartyhall
02-04-07, 05:42 PM
Jon the header tank was full of gunk, hardly any water in there. I was told by a mate that it was HG roddy now im not sure thats why i asked.

Lee
02-04-07, 06:46 PM
If the header was full of gunk, and the HG didnt look breached, your heads probably gone pourus. Best way to find out is to send the head off to be crack tested.

Either that or buy a cheap head on egay and replace it. I also recommend getting a cometic Group A gasket when you rebuild. Worth the money if your keeping the car.