PDA

View Full Version : steering noise

gazza20
02-04-07, 01:29 PM
i have a noise coming from my 1.2 nova. everytime i steer right over 40mph its like a whining noise and when i steer left it goes away! i have changed the right hand side wheel bearing, cv joint and track rod end and the noise is still there! any ideas?

ive_had_a_novadose
02-04-07, 01:42 PM
try changing the left hand side wheel bearing if its a whinning noise then it will 95% be a wheel bearing and if its there when turning one way and gone when turning the other way that means its letting pressure off the wheel bearing when turning one way making it not whine and when turning another way its putting pressure on it making it whine

i can remember when i didnt change ma rear wheel bearing it was whinning like f**k and one day the wheel came off lmao and when i found the wheel the wheel nuts where still in the wheel with the brake drum attatched on the back lol

gazza20
02-04-07, 01:45 PM
Cheers M8 Coz It Was Hard 2 Tell Which Side
It Was Coming From!

ive_had_a_novadose
02-04-07, 01:46 PM
yeaa it is hard to tell but if this sorts the noise out you know what to do next time you get that noise coming from the front or the rear lol change both of the wheel bearings just to be on the safe side

gazza20
02-04-07, 09:56 PM
cheers m8!:)