PDA

View Full Version : Gsi Exhausts

Anonymous
04-12-01, 07:24 PM
Will a "Performance" back box fitted to a Nova GSi fit a Mk1 Sr? Ive noticed in magazines that they advertise different ones for the SRs and the GSi, but can they be modified to fit?

Thanks in advance,

Ben :)

cheese@novaload.org.uk

Anonymous
04-12-01, 10:24 PM
yup it will fit fine...... but you may have to modify the bumper cause it will exit in a different place

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

2.0 16v back soon :D

Anonymous
04-12-01, 10:38 PM
Thanks Ste, could i fit the whole system to go with it aswell?

cheese@novaload.org.uk

Anonymous
04-12-01, 11:17 PM
Nope.....the back box is fine (mod bumper as ste says), but the whole system won't unless it includes the manifold/down-pipes.

If it's just from the down-pipes back, it won't fit 'cos the front sprung-joint is different......different angle and position.

I'm having this difficulty 'cos I'm wanting to fit my JP stainless zorst from my 1.3, onto my GTE, and can't without either modifying it, or using an SR manifold/down-pipes.

My JP was made for a MKII SRi, so I had to modify my back bumper to make it fit on my MKI.
Here's the pics showing how I had to modify it:
http://www.novabug.co.uk/FeatureCars/SLZorst.html
As you can see, the MKII zorsts exit lower down (to go under the MKII bumper) and further in towards the centre.

Anonymous
04-12-01, 11:34 PM
Thanks for the advice Rick.. ive got an Sr manifold and down-pipe sitting in the garage at the moment.. its yours if you want it for the pricely sum of ?0.00
Or if you decide you want to sell the JP exhaust, give me a shout at: Cheese_k279@hotmail.com

Thanks Ben :)

Anonymous
05-12-01, 12:29 AM
sorry! that should say RICH :'>

Anonymous
05-12-01, 12:42 AM
Mint...but where abouts are you?

I'm in Sheffield...anywhere nearby? (or relatively near by?)

Ideally, I'd get a new zorst for the GTE...a proper one made to fit, then I could sell the JP, but I can't afford a new one at the mo, so the SR manifold/down-pipe set-up is my best option.

P.S. you can call me Rick if you want....peeps do on other forums I visit, in fact my user-name is Ricky ;)

Anonymous
06-12-01, 04:08 PM
Im in Derby at the moment, Which is about 30 minutes from sheffield i think. But the exhaust is at home in Oxford.. I might be going home this weekend, in which case ill bring it back up with me on sunday, otherwise it probably wont be until after christmas, or i can post it to you, if you pay the postage..

Its up to you mate,

cheese@novaload.org.uk

Anonymous
06-12-01, 08:19 PM
I've sent you an e-mail Ben ;)