PDA

View Full Version : lots of problems! please try and help!

greg1.4
01-04-07, 08:14 PM
well,here goes.

I have recently fitted my engine (1300 sr) into my 1200 shell. I got it running but she is only running on 3 cylinders and missfiring badly. I have got all the leads etc in the right place. The only things i dont have wired up is the oil sensor thing at the bottom of the engine (near timing belt at the back) and the auto choke. Will this cause any bother?

When i turn my ignition on i dont have any red dash lights? I have full beam (blue), choke (orange) and when i turn the headlights on it all lights up but no red lights atall. The battery, water, oil and handbrake lights dont work?? Even when its started they still dont work?

Anyone ever fitted copper brake pipes to a nova? we are and i am just wondering if there is any tips etc. Does the flare on the pipe have to be perfect or aslong as it stops the tube nut from sliding off as i have never done this kind of thing before?

Any help will be much appreciated guys.

Greg

greg1.4
01-04-07, 08:35 PM
also does the brake system work on diagnols? i.e, as you look at the master cylinder from the front of the car into the engine bay, the master cylinder has two gold coloured things sticking out towards the passenger wheel. So does the closest one to the front panel work the left front wheel and the back right? I know where the front brake pipes go but no idea what pipe goes where on the back. I have run 2 new pipes from each back wheel and got to the master cylinder and dont know what one goes where.:confused:

Greg

greg1.4
01-04-07, 09:52 PM
can anyone help me? or is everybody reading a few sentences and the giving up. ha ha.

Ash C
01-04-07, 10:16 PM
i had mine running on 3 cylinders but its on t40's and that was because i hadn't got the vacum pipe on to the brake servo. also have you got all youre earths on/earthed properly?

just done my brake pipes but as your stood at the front of the car its:

front rear
left left

front rear
right right

thats how it should be as you look over the top of the servo. anybody correct me if im wrong!! lol. if youve still got your front pipes on you should be able to go from this.

greg1.4
01-04-07, 10:30 PM
thanks mate!

also have you got all youre earths on/earthed properly?

well i have got my earth from the negative battery terminal on to the bulkhead and then a big thick earth from the side of the gearbox to the chassis leg.

I am going to take it a run tommorow or tuesday and see if she clears and also fit a earth from the alternator bracket onto the inlet manifold. (missing)

Ash C
01-04-07, 10:49 PM
think theres a earth by the coil aswell that comes out of the loom?

greg1.4
02-04-07, 08:17 AM
got that on too! goes onto the same point as the one that comes off the side of the gearbox. will go and clean where i am joining the earth's. put them back to good metal.

anyone else have any ideas? i really want to fix my dash lights as i am wiring my digi dash in so want everything to be working for that.

i have checked the plugs were in the back of the clocks and that bulbs hadnt fell out.

Why is some working but no the others? strange?

BIGS
02-04-07, 11:45 AM
As for it running on three cheak that one of the followers hasent snaped ontop of the lifter.

Jon_nova1
02-04-07, 12:27 PM
you got an earth missing, there should be an earth from the same wiring where the coil comes from, and also is the alternator charging? there may be an earth missing from the alternator bracket

greg1.4
02-04-07, 05:01 PM
got it sorted! ruuning nearly perfect now. i am still missing the alternator earth so that could be the dash lights problem.

only put fresh petrol in and cleaned all the earth mounts and where it bolts on too etc.

Thanks, Greg