PDA

View Full Version : Lowering Questions

Anonymous
28-11-01, 01:37 PM
right ppl ive got a mk 1 nova sr, what i need to know is will 45 mm lowering springs from a 1.2 lower mine by the same, been told that sr's are lower than normal novas off the factory line....is this true?

dont fancy buying these springs and all they do is lower em by an extra 20mm or somet stupid, need to lower mine by an extra 40/45 mm

Anonymous
28-11-01, 01:47 PM
loads of people will probably tell you this is wrong but as far as I am aware the sr/sri/gte/gsi are 25mm lower than standard

Anonymous
28-11-01, 03:19 PM
so my mates 1.2 springs will only lower mine by an extra 20 mm or sow :( doh ah well need to save some extra cash den for new ones, shame me cars gonna be on stilts for bit

i thought they were lower cause a lad down chester, his nova always looks as if its gonna roll as it bob from side to side with 2 spokes on but mines fine..... can anye one reccomend any companies that do 45mm springs?

Anonymous
28-11-01, 05:08 PM
SR'S are 25mm lower that standard 1.2 etc and gte/gsi's are 25mm lower than sr's

If it isn't kev it isn't worth it !!!

Anonymous
29-11-01, 01:08 AM
They are lower, but not by as much as 25mm.....I can definitely tell that my new GTE is lower with standard suspension than my Antibes was, but not by as much as 25mm....I'd say it's nearer 15mm and no more....I mean, 25mm is an inch, which is quite a difference.

I still recon that the SR's aren't any lower than standard Novas though......when they have larger alloys on and standard suspension, they look like Land Rovers, unlike GTE/GSi's which you can tell are lower.

I'm still waiting for someone to actually measure the height of the sill from road level on different models to actually test this.

BTW...one way to lower the suspension further is to fit low profile tyres......I swapped my alloys over from the set fitted with 195-50-15s to the set with 195-45-15's and the car is 10mm lower!
When I stood the tyres next to each other, the 195-50-15s were 20mm taller on rolling diameter!

Anonymous
08-12-01, 05:53 PM
APEX do some good lowering springs.
?71.95 for a 40mm drop or ?73.95 for 60mm drop but the latter may bugger your handling and you won't be able to put larger wheels on without mods to the arches.
Also you can get suspension kits (gas shocks and sport springs) for ?208.95 for either 40mm or a 60mm drop.
All the above are from Performance Vauxhall Developments. http://www.pvdnet.co.uk/
Hope this helps if your still looking. ;)