PDA

View Full Version : cutting out

ben doodar
31-03-07, 06:18 PM
today my beloved nova broke down, i was just coming around a round about, and it died, when the ignition was turned on there was no whineing noise from the pump after swapping the fuel pump relay with my mates that made no differance, the guy from the rac came out and said theres no spark either. he said its possible the crank sensor. but now the fuelling is working ok again. any ideas, its a coil pack gsi.

AshD
31-03-07, 06:46 PM
My 1.2i cut out while i was driving, turned out to be the plastic pin that joins the distributor to the camshaft which had snapped

ben doodar
31-03-07, 08:12 PM
yh its usually something crappy llike that, mine has a coil pack instead of a distributer though.

SRI crazy
31-03-07, 10:44 PM
check the crank sensor for damage or objects blocking it, if its ok it mite be an inside fault on the sensor, but u cn check a quick way, get another sensor and plug the old one out an plug the new one in, then hold it to the crank pulley and get sumebody to turn the car over and if it goes then u can put the new sensor on but if it doesnt at least you woant have went ot all the bother of changing them lol