PDA

View Full Version : Fitting a roll cage

Anonymous
05-12-01, 07:34 PM
Hello all. I'm lucky enough to be buying Malc from Redlines fearless Roll cage. He's getting a full safety devices one, so I said i'd have his fearless one. I'm fully prepared to chuck the rear seats out, it's just the fitting of the cage that i'm a little worried about. Can I do it myself, or is it a job for a garage/bodyshop? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I'm on the cover of the new PNG mag :)

We like a smooth behind

Anonymous
05-12-01, 08:34 PM
you should be able to do it yourself, just look how it was fitted to malcs and copy that into yours. mods are always easier if youve got a mate or dad to lend a hand i always find.

sy

Anonymous
05-12-01, 08:59 PM
right i know brett who makes themu can do it yourself.

remove old seats front and rear, (but u can keep the rears if u want)
remove front seatbelts from the b pillar(prob best to fully remove)

slide cage in thru door, slide back into right position. simple. make sure u put it in thru door in right way so u can just push it back into position over where the rear seats would be. then u will need to drill some holes in floor and bolt in the cage.

Anonymous
05-12-01, 09:11 PM
floor and rear arch 4 mounting points in total

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

2.0 16v back soon :D

Anonymous
05-12-01, 10:11 PM
my cage went in through the doors u got 2 remove front seats! then it woz way easy m8 just get the mig welder out i done myne in a couple of hours i am a welder but 5mins of practisin n u will b able 2 mig ok!