PDA

View Full Version : v6 into nova tips

mk1novasrule
31-03-07, 12:33 PM
hi, bought a rotten cav v6 with a gud engine, ive seen em put in novas before just wondered how much work was involved obviously strengthening and running gear, any tips will b very helpfull,

dannyb
31-03-07, 12:41 PM
any tips will b very helpfull,

Don't text type?

mk1novasrule
31-03-07, 01:31 PM
wot?

SUP4NOV4
31-03-07, 01:34 PM
Think he means WHAT insyead of WOT things like that

mk1novasrule
31-03-07, 02:11 PM
lol does it matter

meritlover
31-03-07, 02:36 PM
a v6 in a nova is a big respncibility, even changing the timing belt is a nightmare. why not sell the v6 on ebay and buy a xe.

General Baxter
31-03-07, 04:19 PM
i had a go, was really hard so i sold the v6 lol

mk1novasrule
31-03-07, 06:13 PM
yeah had v6 vectra sri just miss the induction roar! small price to pay or would there not b alot of diff with xe,

lee coley
31-03-07, 06:25 PM
lol does it matter
yes it does ive had a warning when i first started,its in the rules, and it is lazy:roll:

mk1novasrule
31-03-07, 06:27 PM
sorry didnt know

NovaLad
31-03-07, 06:50 PM
You are forgiven . Ahhmmenn

mk1novasrule
31-03-07, 07:06 PM
thank you!

Mike
31-03-07, 11:48 PM
want a tip a fitting a V6, give up now ;)

mk1novasrule
01-04-07, 11:28 PM
im determind to turbos r almost as comon as corsas

bowman
04-04-07, 11:01 PM
it is piece of piss to fit a v6 in a nova, Actulay fits better than a xe. no chassis mods needed to clear alt etc.

only slightly awkard but is the rear manifold needs cutting a welding up, and its mild steel so can be done by anyone. The o/s mount needs custom making, which is also a piece of piss, and had to be done with xe's anyhow proir to kits being availble, or you can use the cav mount if you have the balls to cut you chassis rail (which will likey be rotton on the inside anyhow) other than that its the same work as xe. use a corsa p/s rack, makes the aux belt problem go away.

As for chaging timing belt. there is more room betwen the chassis rail with a v6 in then there is with an xe in, as the engine is narrower, so it is easy to change. But should be done BEFORE you fit the engine, then its good for 30,000miles+ So i say build what you want, an dont let people on here scare you off it.:thumb:

Lee
04-04-07, 11:12 PM
So i say build what you want, an dont let people on here scare you off it.:thumb:

I agree with that comment.

But be advised you need to have the right reasons for fitting it. I plan to do one in the future, but it certainly wont be fitted for performance benifits. V6's are lazy engines, they have bags of torque, but youll run rings around it with a sorted XE, and people think XE's are too heavy for the front of Nova's... A v6 really starts pushing the boundarys to the extent that its not going to handle anywhere near as well as your going to want it to with power like that.

So....

If you want to do it because its different to the XE, and not half as common, and you want a nice smooth drive with a lovely noise, I can relate to that, and I say do it..

But..

If you thing just because its got 6 cylinders and 170bhp its going to be ludicrously fast, its not. It will be quick, but its not going to scare anyone with a set of cams in an XE, and when you get to the bends, you lose your advantage altogether.

Just food for thought, thats all...

bowman
04-04-07, 11:30 PM
always a good point. However some of the best bikes in history handle like bricks in waterfalls! eg kh750 2 stoke wild engine crap handling, but loved....

Also the v6 responds very well to the lightest tweaks. de cat, airfilter chip will see 190bhp, add G cams from 3.0 omega 200bhp+.

If you handy with the dremel, flow the 3 part manifold and fit larger throttle body, will give really healthy gains.

add 3.0 bottom end with 2.5 heads 3.0 cams + above, will provide a very revvy and powerful motor.

Also the very light xe flywheel (9kg lighter then v6?) and f20 box will transform the v6 into a rev head, which picks up instantly from any rpm. Also the v6 torque curve is similar to LET, and makes the xe look poor, eventhough peak figures are similar. Dont know if youve ever seen a v6 nova set away? Its awsome to watch and hear! Shame they dont grip that well else they'd be seroiusly quick. I saw one spin through first 4 gears and disappeared out sight still spinning! Sounded like tvr!

In anycase it could never handle worse than a cav v6!lol .......

Lee
05-04-07, 03:57 PM
In anycase it could never handle worse than a cav v6!lol .......

PMSL put some wheels on a bath and youll pull away from a V cav in the bends.

I see where your coming from, but i still think the V6 is pushing it if you want a drivers car. If i wanted a lot of power for not much money, id fit a LET. Fair enough if its strip kicks and fast pullaways your after, but its an uber heavy lumpage. Tbh, id rather fit one behind the seats lol

turbojolt
05-04-07, 06:16 PM
just lower it in when it snags stand on top of it and jump up and down alot lol