PDA

View Full Version : no fuel on x14xe nova??

rybo
31-03-07, 01:32 AM
right ive got fuel pressure,got spark and it turns over-its like the injectors arent opening-the ecu is supposed to have no immobiler but is this my problem?i thought the immob chip did fuel pump? thats what a lad at my local vauxhall said-is he right?

im aware you lot always seem to suggest wiring up an ecu light and/or diagnostic plug but im trying to find out some background here-

bit of a rare question i know but would realy be gratefull here lads

ry:thumb:

Jon_nova1
31-03-07, 09:14 AM
are the injectors connected? is it all the cyliders that arnt getting fuel?

rybo
03-04-07, 10:31 PM
yeh-the engine + engine loom came out together and went in together,i even ran it to the point of removal??

rybo
03-04-07, 10:31 PM
also theres no fuel in any cylinder

Adam
04-04-07, 12:12 AM
Sounds like a immobiliser problem to me, get a ecu light wired up.
Then if it flashes when you cranking it, it means its not getting a ecu transponder signal.

Mikey_J
04-04-07, 07:58 PM
Theres a chip in the key... im not 100% sure but if you dont have the original key and barrel off of the car that the engine came out of the car wont start. ive got a genuine key and just a cut spare and that doesnt start the car. Does anyone know if what im saying is right lol?

John
04-04-07, 08:27 PM
Right!
A, what year x14xe did you remove it from? k, l and some m plated cars did not have a transponder key.
B, if you have removed it from a later car, was it running at the point or removal with the original programmed key? i take it you removed engine, loom and ecu from the SAME car?

Mikey j is correct, all transponder keys have to be programmed to the ecu. There's a function in the ecu, not fuel pump, that is disabled by the transponder key.

i'd also advise wiring the correct diagnostic plug to the loom, it may probably even be there anyway, so you can read fault codes with a scanner/tech2 or similar.

when i wired my x14xe i had a replacement ecu MADE with the transponder function deleted, quite costly, but it made my loom much neater when i soldered it all in. I also wired the tech 2 plug, meaning i could read all data with the machines at work, not always vital granted, but very useful nonetheless.

One last thing to try, i went out to a non running x14xe nova conversion a while back, the owner had the feed and return fuel pipes on the wrong way. it would crank but not fire, and the eml would illuminate after a long period of cranking.