PDA

View Full Version : Earth and rubber hose?

atokley
30-03-07, 11:04 AM
Off the passenger side inner wing i have a big earth strap not connected to anything, can anyone tell me what this connects to?

Also in the driver side wheelarch there is a black tube/box with a rubber line going into it connected, but the one that normall goes along/thru the crossmember is disconnected from where i had to crossmember removed, what does it connect to?

Thanks guys

Jon_nova1
30-03-07, 11:07 AM
it depends, theres either one that goes from the gearbox to the shell (bolted in theres a hole) or theres one on the loom that bolts into the same hole.

what litre is the car, and injection??

stv-b16a
30-03-07, 11:10 AM
black box in wing is some kind of carbon filter for fumes or whatever i took mine off ages ago and blocked the pipe. dont really no now why i did lol. seems ok.
is it lol

Jon_nova1
30-03-07, 11:14 AM
black box in the wing, sounds like an airplane lol

stv-b16a
30-03-07, 12:01 PM
lol

craig green
30-03-07, 12:49 PM
Earth should bolt to a threaded hole on the inner chassis leg & Earth the headlamp loom too aswell as the gearbox earth strap.

Other sounds like the active carbon canister which just vents petrol vapours back through the inlet via the canister which must reduce odours or summat gay that only a single point injection wagon would have!

stv-b16a
30-03-07, 12:57 PM
yep. my motor started life as a lame 1.2 spi f10wr.

Jon_nova1
30-03-07, 02:48 PM
are you sure the pipe isn't on the passenger side? as this controls the vacuum, you'll probably find a vacuum pipe coming from it somewhere?

atokley
30-03-07, 08:49 PM
It was a carbon filter........ me being dumb

Earthed it up now, but still wont run.......

Gonna try a few more things tomorrow

p.s. its a c20xe nova