PDA

View Full Version : powerflex bushes?

hightower
30-03-07, 07:54 AM
Are these powerflex bushes as good as everyone says they are? anyone got any experience of them? and how do i know if i need a 16mm or 20mm kit for the anti roll bar? ive got a mk2 1991 sr, cheers

Stuart
30-03-07, 08:19 AM
ignore the front antiroll bar and take it off ;)

go to vauxsport or pvg and have a read of my bush changing guide... it highlights why you should change them for atleast new rubber ones in the very least

hightower
30-03-07, 05:18 PM
what good is taking the anti roll bar off gonna do? is there an easy way to tell which size i need?

Adam
30-03-07, 05:32 PM
Because handling is nicer without the front ARB, when you have uprated suspension.

hightower
30-03-07, 06:00 PM
really? that doesnt make much sense to me? why is that and do you have any suggestions for cheapish 60 lowering kits for an mk2 sr? cheers

Adam
30-03-07, 06:06 PM
The ARB is "good" with std suspension as it cuts out some roll.
But it makes the handling odd when the suspension is uprated.

ade
30-03-07, 07:22 PM
gmax do good "cheap" suspension kits - 4 shortened springs and dampers will set you bag approx ?170.

Anti Roll Bar? I personally think you need to know what to experience before had - however Ive removed mine and will be fitting a strut brace instead based on Stuarts advice.

The anti roll bar just stiffens the lower end by tieing the left and right suspension together - in v v v basic terms.

hightower
30-03-07, 08:37 PM
yeah i know how the roll bar works that why i cant understand why it would be better to remove it and fit a strut brace at the top? seems like its just gonna be the same?

Stuart
30-03-07, 10:07 PM
the vauxhall anti roll bar design on the nova is a laod of rubbish... if it was designed properly then it would be ok, but as its not, its a POS.

try it without, its only 8 nuts...