PDA

View Full Version : suspension problem.

Anonymous
04-12-01, 10:15 AM
Ever since I got my car the suspension has felt terrible, you can feel every little stone on the road. I do have 35mm drop on puma springs but it has always been like this even when I had standard springs. It makes the car feel very unsturdy.

So what do yall reckon? new bushes , new shocks , ....I havent checked for an anti-roll bar ,it is a 92 sr so it should have one but Im not sure.

Anonymous
04-12-01, 10:47 AM
See my post for SuperFlex vs PowerFlex ...I think u should change the bushes, it makes a huge difference!
I dunno if u wanna find out about bumpstops?

Anonymous
04-12-01, 11:32 AM
check the general condition of the suspension the bushes and bumpstops
is the problem at the front or rear?

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

2.0 16v back soon :D

Anonymous
04-12-01, 11:51 AM
the front is worse than the rear. I was going to replace the front bushes but I'm not sure wether to replace them with standard ones or powerflex or sumthin. I'll have to check em out. How much is a set of new standard ones for the front?

Anonymous
04-12-01, 04:40 PM
yeah its amazing what even new standerd bushes do for ride quality.

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
04-12-01, 07:12 PM
I get a loud knocking nosie from front end,passenger side, when hint anything bigger than road surface changes(somtimes them too!)It's a 5dr 1.2 -60 on gas shocks& autoXS springs have also replaced track roadend on that side as saw was split but has made no real difference to the knock but did improve responce!
Any ideas people??

:-/

Anonymous
04-12-01, 07:34 PM
sounds like your bumpstops are shot mate, my car is the same - if i hit any kinda hole its as if the dash is gonna jump off the bulkhead lol. the bumpstops stop the shocks bottoming out - espesh on lowered cars - one of these days i may even change them