PDA

View Full Version : petrol sender

ross.s
29-03-07, 06:17 PM
petrol gauge has packed in on my nova gsi, had it in for a service. Garage recomend new sender unit. Is this located in the tank? Cheers ross.

pul16v
29-03-07, 06:27 PM
yes its in the tank luckyl u can remove it with out droping the tank its just held in with 4 or maybe 6 bolts cnt remember and they are still avialble new

phil

matthew172
29-03-07, 06:29 PM
it will be your clocks not the sender unit

dannyb
29-03-07, 06:49 PM
My clocks recently screwed up, now they are working again. Temperature outside seems to affect it, when it gets really cold, or over the summer when we had that heatwave it packed up. Recently when its been real hot in the day, then it got cold and snowy all of a sudden they packed up, now they work again... strange, but leave them be for a few weeks and use your odometer to keep an eye on how much fuel you have!

Nova_Tek
29-03-07, 07:06 PM
Likely hood is that its the sender mate, what generally goes on them. My sender is on and off too. But vaux no longer service the part apparently, dunno if thats true or not.

pul16v
29-03-07, 08:07 PM
i got one from autovaux came in a vauxhall box with gm sticker on the item so there still obtainable cost ?64 i think

Riggy
29-03-07, 08:14 PM
lol my gsi sender went last year

?109 from vaux themselves

managaed to find one in the scrapers though

as said it is possible to do it with the tank on but it is extremly fidlely on the gsi as you have to get the swirl pot bit in aswell lol but it can be done:thumb: