PDA

View Full Version : rear brakes

Anonymous
30-11-01, 07:13 PM
was just wondering if nova rear drums r all the same. if so would it be worth fitting bigger drums of another vaux, dunno which tho, sudgestions??

i thot this be a relatively easy job to do or would it??? cos i got no chance of fitting rear discs.

wot u peeps think then??

Anonymous
30-11-01, 07:22 PM
i will sell ya a 16v astra rear beam for 30 quid. then look at micky's post in tech forum ......... easy !

If it isn't kev it isn't worth it !!!

Anonymous
30-11-01, 07:33 PM
i live sooo far away from ya that just aint gonna happen, lol cheers for the offer tho.

Anonymous
01-12-01, 01:07 PM
lol

to fit bigger drums is pointless

peeps say you dont need rear discs but they give even more power, i never found the limit in my white nova for blasting up to roundabouts

i would hamer along till what i thought was the very last second and then slam the brakes on and still stop short

mint way to scare yourself shitless

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
01-12-01, 02:10 PM
Probably no point really as Micky says, but your could always try it.

Nova rear drums are 7.9in dia.
Most Astras and Cavaliers have the same 7.9in drums, but the estates have 9.1in dia. drums.....Vauxhall obviously think they are worth it!

I would think they'd be straight swap more or less?

Anonymous
01-12-01, 04:19 PM
the chances are the bigger drums are gonna be like the rear disc stud pattern. (might be wrong)

that means you would be doing the same job as fitting rear discs.

might as well fit the discs

i could be wrong though

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
02-12-01, 11:57 PM
Fitting rear disks takes quite a bit of work though doesn't it? I would have though it might be quite easy to fit different drums....wouldn't it be a case of unbolt the old brake assembly, and bolt on the new one?

I don't know either though Micky.....never looked into it....the stud pattern may be different like you say :-/

Anonymous
03-12-01, 01:09 AM
David P, where abouts do you live? i've got a mate who's interested in the rear beam.

Anonymous
03-12-01, 10:44 AM
Talking of rear drums - why do my ones lock up when i first use them in the wet? my old SR had the same problem. If i drive with the handbrake on for a couple of sec's it solves it, but if i forget they lock up the first time i brake. It only does it when its wet.

Anonymous
03-12-01, 02:15 PM
slough m80

If it isn't kev it isn't worth it !!!

Anonymous
03-12-01, 02:31 PM
Alright m8, cornish told me about the rear beam. I'm coming through slough way on thurs afternoon or friday afternoon. If your around, I'd be up 4 getting it off you. (coming from oxford)