PDA

View Full Version : Nova xe vs Integra Type R

ads_1
28-03-07, 09:14 PM
hi how do you think the nova will do against my m8 integra type r going to go to coome next mth to have a play

integra only has zorst system & vtec controller but have to say they are a very well set up car out of the box

nova has xe in it and will have coilovers and big brakes by then

will start a new thread on what coilovers to get thanks adam.

Dar
28-03-07, 09:15 PM
Wait and find out. Your Nova should get around Combe in about 1:30 if driven well.

sulphur
28-03-07, 09:18 PM
If the teg is a b18C type engine, it'll be pushing 200ish bhp. Xe 150ish oviously but in weight comparison I think they both run late 14 1/4s.
Just have to wait n see I guess.

Edit: Obviously depends on driver skills too.

Will F
28-03-07, 10:35 PM
In a straight line, the Nova will clinch it... on the twisty stuff its down to driver, but the Teg will be better on the corners generally...

dhdev (Oli)
28-03-07, 11:18 PM
I say the Teg will win.
Spose I should justify that lol. Without doin the maths, I believe the Teg will have a slightly better power to weight, will have better power to drag (combe is relatively high speed), will handle better, will have better traction out of bends (has a LSD as standard IIRC).
But it does depend on the driver massively...

Gunzi
29-03-07, 11:18 PM
I reckon if you keep up with the ITR round Combe you've done well.

Lee
29-03-07, 11:20 PM
Id say the Teg would have it, but if you set the suspension up and buy some decent sticky cut slicks, you might just scare him a bit.

SRimon
29-03-07, 11:43 PM
I beat an Integra Type R, well I pulled on it a lot tbh, only balls out straight line tho

JJL
30-03-07, 12:35 AM
your in a lighter car but the teg is a well engineered (spelling) machine as standard so it depends on the driver as stated before. Buy a c20let so you can kill him on the straights lol maybe not the best handeling choice?

s14a
30-03-07, 12:57 AM
not many people can drive a type r properly, irelands full of them, there common as much and i hate them but you will have your work cut out to beat him, there a seriuos handlin car....
do it for the nova dude and beat that jap scrap...

Stoo
30-03-07, 10:03 PM
If its a DC5 he'll kick your ass, if its a DC2 he'll truly anihilate you!!

SuperNova!
30-03-07, 10:08 PM
Agreed you will get raped.

Dave

Mike
30-03-07, 10:35 PM
i dont see why some people on here call jap cars crap! As there actually far from it!

Chris
30-03-07, 11:08 PM
agree with the most recent replies.

Any Red Badge'd (real one, not just a red badge stuck on) Intergra will nail an XE.

And while it is doing it the driver can sit in comfort with air con on and the CD player banging out da choons innit without the CD skipping all the time due to solid suspension in an effort to make the car handle better.

Chris

hendrix
30-03-07, 11:20 PM
I think Chris has hit the nail on the head there lol
Anyone with a stock XE'd Nova will get spanked by a genuine Type R.

Dar
30-03-07, 11:40 PM
Just looking back at some of my footage and I easily passed a Integra Type R when my car was on road tyres, Bilstein sprintline kit, stripped with a cage.
The rear of it looked like this
http://www.cardata.com/spoilers/images/ES_Spoilers/ES-108_1994-2001INtegraTypeR.jpg
I did have throttle bodies though.

Mike
30-03-07, 11:43 PM
DC2 ;) how anyone can call jap cars crap tho is still bemusing to me?!

Chris
30-03-07, 11:45 PM
as per LOTNSR's, that is a DC2 Dar.

My mate has one, and I drove it as stock and it would nail a stock power XE nova all day long, maybe not on outright top end but it would easily overcome that on the handling. And they are uber reliable

Chris

Mike
30-03-07, 11:46 PM
as per LOTNSR's, that is a DC2 Dar.

My mate has one, and I drove it as stock and it would nail a stock power XE nova all day long, maybe not on outright top end but it would easily overcome that on the handling. And they are uber reliable

Chris

Yep, any Integra will easily out pace and out handle an average XE, easily!!! A few mates of mine are into Jap motors, and by god do Type R's go!!

ads_1
30-03-07, 11:48 PM
If its a DC5 he'll kick your ass, if its a DC2 he'll truly anihilate you!!
its the dc2
i think ill try and get the video cam in the car and start behind him in the queue its all a bit of fun (i think?)
also ill see if i can get an lsd in there buy then at least i can then make use of what iv got.

Dar
30-03-07, 11:48 PM
Not saying they arn't fast, all im saying is that I passed one easily around Combe and then pulled away quite quickly in a pretty low spec XE.

Im getting a Jap car on the weekend, so I hardly think they are crap myself.

s14a
31-03-07, 01:01 AM
jap scrap is just a phrase lads so dont be gettin your nickers in a twist lol

Stoo
31-03-07, 09:49 AM
Well i have currently got a DC2 and previously had a DC5

If the guys a half decent driver he will wipe the floor with you!

Dar the pic you posted is a 96 Spec JDM DC2, brakes/suspension arent as good etc! And i reckon he was a **** driver!! But any who!

philthepill_389
31-03-07, 11:13 AM
i had a bit of a play with my cousin's civic type r in my 120bhp gsi and for the first few gears i was really on his ass and then that massive rev range came into play but as we hit the twistys i was right back up there with him and on a few times passes him with easy he was a little unhappy

1 up for the nova in my eyes

just thought i would add this

Dar
31-03-07, 11:20 AM
Dar the pic you posted is a 96 Spec JDM DC2, brakes/suspension arent as good etc! And i reckon he was a **** driver!! But any who!
Apparently everyone I pass islol
I like the Integra Type-R and I really don't know what the outcome of this little frendly contest will be because your comparing standard vs modifyed again and to add in to the mix its on a track with two different drivers.

All I hope is that they both have fun and enjoy the day:thumb:

Stoo
31-03-07, 11:35 AM
The civic type r, i presume its the EP3 you were racing, is ****!!

No LSD, **** PAS, Elec not Hydro and gutless. I doubt you were "ALL OVER HIM" or id suggest it wasnt being driven to its full potential.

The moral of this story is, the nova and ANY Type R are completely different cars and theres no point making comparisons!!

As dar said modded VS stock!

The Type Rs are phenomonal out the box! Sure an XE nova or LET nova may have it in a straight line, but thats only 2% of the type r ethos. its the twisties were they come in to their own, ok maybe not so much the more recent civics, but the integras and EK9s, not a chance down the lanes if being driven properly!!

"Yeah but my mates "xxx" bhp nova kicked a type Rs ass"

Yeah, your mates, ultra modified nova, probably against a stock R
Get the R up to the same power to weight ratio/mod state and itll be a different outcome!!

End of the day the ITRs chassis was built for it, the novas never ever was or will ever come close!

Dar
31-03-07, 12:07 PM
Stu16vT you sound annoyed. Why?
On one hand your implying that the Integra is the best FWD car out there. "You sound like alot of the GTI-6 owners on their forum. Yeah he had me on the straights but just wait until the twisties." and in the next breath your saying

The civic type r, i presume its the EP3 you were racing, is ****!!

No LSD, **** PAS, Elec not Hydro and gutless. I doubt you were "ALL OVER HIM" or id suggest it wasnt being driven to its full potential.
I presume that you mean Integra Type R and not Civic. The actuall clip I have is of both me and the Type R driver waiting for a slower car and then both just booting it to the next bend. Its nothing special. What you can't see is the Nova pulling away because the Type R is behind and gone. I could post it up for you if you like, but its highly boring.

I also think that you, like sooooo many others under estimate how good a Nova can be when prepaired properly. Im not talking about mine but other Nova's i've seen in motorsport. Im sure the ultimate versions of both cars would favor the Type R but thats not the point of this thread.

I don't actually care about the outcome of this little contest. I only hope (as said before) they have good fun finding out. My first trackday antics where friendly races between me and my mates, and bloody good fun it was too!!:thumb:

JSeymour
31-03-07, 12:09 PM
"Yeah but my mates "xxx" bhp nova kicked a type Rs ass"

Yeah, your mates, ultra modified nova, probably against a stock R
Get the R up to the same power to weight ratio/mod state and itll be a different outcome!!

Did he say ultra modified? 20bhp isnt a lot.

a well modded nova isnt going to cost as much as a standard R though is it?

Stoo
31-03-07, 12:19 PM
Im not annoyed at all, nor do i think the ITR is the best car on planet earth, its good, but not that good!!

I also know the capabilities of a well set up nova, but you and i both know the costs and work involved to get a seriously well set up nova to rival the handling of an ITR

You might as well go out and buy an ITR for the cost itll take!

It just annoys me the old XE/LET Nova Blinkers. Anybody can smash most things in a straight line!

I was reffering to the Civic Type R EP3 and new FN2 when saying they were below par. The Integra is one of the best hondas made in terms of accesibility and practicalities

The problem the Vtecs have is the lack of torque, but i think they more than make up for the loss in the corners!!

Neither do i car about the outcome! Im just putting my tuppenth in so to speak!

Stoo
31-03-07, 12:21 PM
Oh and the reference to the Civic you were racing was in relation to the post previous to yours by philthepill_389

The JDM ITR you were racing dar on the other hand is a fine machine!

Dar
31-03-07, 12:27 PM
Oh and the reference to the Civic you were racing was in relation to the post previous to yours by philthepill_389

The JDM ITR you were racing dar on the other hand is a fine machine!

Note re: the Civic comment:D Cool, all good stuff:thumb:
I know what you mean about the blinkers as well. It does annoy me somewhat. Although its not just a Nova phenomenon as you know.

philthepill_389
31-03-07, 05:23 PM
http://images.businessweek.com/ss/06/03/honda_civic/image/the-2001-civic-type-r.jpg

philthepill_389
31-03-07, 05:28 PM
that was the shape of civic. and really i was on his ass in the first few gears and on the twistys i really had his life. my novas not no 10 second car but god dam u can give it all u want on the twistys and it stays like its on rails maybe the driver of the civic isnt the best of drivers but you cant say that for every driver i have tanned on the twistys every one can go hard in a straight line but it a diffrent matter when your carring high speed into a corner

Martin
31-03-07, 05:45 PM
My mates ITR (n reg iirc) beat a 270(?)bhp prodrive scooby.. round a few twistys and on the straights, i know both car owners and the guy in the scooby used to have a gti-6 and is a very good driver.. but admited the ITR was all over him and couldnt do anything about it..

another mate of mine had a G-reg CRX 1.6 16v v-tec thingy i was in that with him comin back from donny and we cained my mates cally turbo to 145mph and the guy in the cally gave up and turned of lol lol

imo you'l be looking at the rear of the ITR alot...

good luck tho

Mike
31-03-07, 11:53 PM
The Type Rs are phenomonal out the box! Sure an XE nova or LET nova may have it in a straight line, but thats only 2% of the type r ethos. its the twisties were they come in to their own, ok maybe not so much the more recent civics, but the integras and EK9s, not a chance down the lanes if being driven properly!!

Well said Stu! There are genuinly phenonemal cars (the older ones anyway)

Stoo
14-04-07, 03:48 PM
Well said Stu! There are genuinly phenonemal cars (the older ones anyway)

Cheers dude!!

Just sold my DC2 today. looking for an EK9 now

Mike
14-04-07, 05:22 PM
Cheers dude!!

Just sold my DC2 today. looking for an EK9 now

lucky git! I dont know what id prefer tbh, an DC2 or DC5, or EK9! Look on piston heads, theres always a few on there