PDA

View Full Version : SR zorst manifold on GTE???

Anonymous
01-12-01, 01:52 PM
It's looks like the quickest and simplest way that I'm gonna get my JP zorst to fit my GTE, is to fit a 1.3 manifold a down-pipes, but, will fitting this manifold be ok?

I was told before that it would be, but it looks a quite flow-restrictive design compared to the standard GTE one, but without having the JP modified, it's the only way to make it fit.

I'd only do it for now anyway, until I could either get the JP modified or until I could get a new zorst made for the GTE, and even if the manifold does reduce performance a little, at least the overall effect will be better performance.

All I need to know really is will it fit straight on, and be ok???

Cheers ;)

Anonymous
01-12-01, 02:41 PM
either that or get a 4-branch manifold for an sr for around ?90.
i use an sr manifold/downpipe on my gte. seems to work fine.

Anonymous
01-12-01, 03:22 PM
That's all I needed to know...cheers matey ;)

Looks like I'll have my JP on the GTE this week then.....can't wait.

You lot would piss your selves if you saw my GTE as it is now, 'cos at the mo it's got a standard zorst on, and when I mean standard, I mean including a standard 1.2/1.3 "bent down at the end" back box ..hahahaha :p

Well, I needed a new back box and since it was only going to be for a couple of weeks, I didn't want to fork out for a proper GTE-spec standard back box, so just got a standard 1.2/1.3 one instead.....looks shocking, but won't be on for long :D

Anonymous
02-12-01, 09:43 PM
For best power throughout the rev range according to CCC (Caterham tuning) it should be a 4:2:1 with the primary pipes around 30" long which in effect means that you ought to have a 4 branch manifold going down well under the sump and then switching into 2 and then 1 quite quickly b4 the main joint near the bulkhead. The std GTE/GSI manifold is pretty good but I found that a 4 branch manifold increased power about 5%. Elsewhere I've been told 2%. If you've bought a decent system for xtra power the manifold design is very important and if you don't get it right you could end up being disappointed

Anonymous
02-12-01, 11:26 PM
Basically, the storey is I'm wanting to swap my JP stainless zorst from my 1.3 Antibes to my new GTE, but 'cos of the manifold and down-pipes being different, it doesn't fit, so one option is to fit the 1.3 manifold and down-pipes.....not ideal I know, and if I'd got the cash I'd get a decent 4-2-1 set-up, but for now, the above will have to do.

Anyway, at least it will be better than it is now, in both looks and sounds, and I imagine even with the 1.3 manifold/down-pipes, it's gonna unleash a good bit more power.....it made a huge difference on the Antibes.

One more question I forgot to ask though was will the 1.3 manifold be ok, or would it need one from a 1.4?
What are the ports like on the GTE head?