PDA

View Full Version : Steering Rack

Anonymous
01-12-01, 03:21 AM
Hmm,

Thinking that all my troubles would be over (hmm). I can now hear a tiny clunk when i turn my steering wheel to the left when stationary. The car is on lowered springs so I expect to eat thru bearings at a fair old whack.

The steering rack came very loose in my old Nova when I fitting a full suspension kit but I am surprised that even with my cars low miles; the rack seems to be going like the old one again.

Any Ideas? - Is it normal for a little clunk on the steering rack when I turn it? - is there a nut that I can tighten? - How much for a new rack and how hard are they to fit?

Answers on a postcard plz :)

TIA

Anonymous
01-12-01, 10:15 AM
they all clunk a bit, mine had a recon rack on last year and it was miles better then the old one but it clunked from new.... as for replacing yours get a quick rack kit from tweeks etc..... under ?90

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

2.0 16v back soon :D

Anonymous
01-12-01, 01:32 PM
A quick rack sounds like a good idea, just wondering if I'll actually be able to dry steer anymore!

Anonymous
01-12-01, 04:07 PM
when buying a quick rack do you get he full shabang odr is it just the rack and pinion that you have to fit to the existing rack?

cheers

rodgerq

Anonymous
01-12-01, 04:48 PM
KIT!!! = all the parts that are different not the whole rack

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

2.0 16v back soon :D