PDA

View Full Version : Gearbox >>> ???

Anonymous
29-11-01, 10:23 AM
My car has ANOTHER problem !!!!! There's somehting wrong with the gears, it gets stuck in 3rd gear and it won't go into 2nd. To get it out of 3rd I have to pull it quite hard and it jolts out of gear ?? It goes into second sometimes if the revs are quite high and I go from 1st into 2nd really quickly, but otherwise it won't go in at all.

any ideas whats wrong ?

I will try adjustng the gear linkage tonight, but it has been fine for a week and all of a sudden it goes weird ???

:D:D 2.0l 8v. It actually works !!!! :D:D

Anonymous
29-11-01, 11:19 AM
cheack that pinch bolt hasn't moved from where it was and follow the haynes for setting up the linkage.

Anonymous
29-11-01, 11:24 AM
someone called daniel sold it to ya ! every part of that engine/box etc was crap ! dont be suprised if the loom goes up next !

If it isn't kev it isn't worth it !!!

Anonymous
29-11-01, 11:40 AM
It better fucking not !!!

Anonymous
29-11-01, 05:42 PM
Cant u go beat the F**KER up ???

Anonymous
30-11-01, 10:02 AM
You'll never gues what th efucking problem was ??? hahahhahah is actually laughable !!!

I got it home last night, put it on axle stands and me and my brother reset the linkage from underneath with the pinch bolt etc etc. Tried it, nope !! Still wouldn't go into 2nd. ??? !!!?! !! WTF !!!

So, i'm sitting in the car and trying the gears and my brother is looking in the engine bay and he starts laughing. I'm like, what the fucks funny ? he goes, come here and look at this. I looked in the engine bay and the plug that should go onto the oil pressure switch (which hasn't been connected up because the engine had the wrong oil pressure switch fitted and now is full up with oil so I cant change it) had got stuck in the gear linkage !!!! It was just hanging in the correct spot to block it from going into 2nd gear !! Moved the plug out the way and its fine. hahhahaha you have got to laugh really.

Anonymous
30-11-01, 02:04 PM
yeah your laffing now

but look what happend to ick!

Micky@novaload.net :)