PDA

View Full Version : Left hand drive novas

nova ian
27-03-07, 01:15 PM
I had a random thought pop into my head the other night, On a left hand drive nova is the brake servo and master cylinder on the right hand side? I then answered my own question by thinking it cant be, because if it were a GTE/GSI model then the Air cleaner unit bit would be in the way. Also after doing a search on here I found some images confirming it is on the same side as ours.

Anyway my reason for thinking about this and posting is I wondered if anyone knew how the linkage was arranged and maybe it could be used instead of the corsa variant that alot of people are using.

Thinking about it, would be pointless as finding a left hand drive part would be harder than getting the corsa part.

Sorry if this doesnt make much sense or seems pointless, just thought i'd share anyway!

Ian

Stuart
27-03-07, 01:57 PM
but the firewall hasnt got the same mountings on our drivers side so it wouldnt really work + the alternator/inlet would probably be in the way..

mayhem
27-03-07, 02:46 PM
it's on the same side

Stuart
27-03-07, 03:00 PM
yes its on the same side but i "think" hes on about moving it to the drivers side on RHD's. in which case it shouldnt fit.

craig green
27-03-07, 03:56 PM
It would fit if the engine wasnt in the way. Theres holes in the RH side of the bulkhead where the pedal box bolts in, which is a mirror of the holes in the LH side which the servo & MC bolt to.

If you fitted a Honda V-tec lump this may be usefull as the engine & gearbox are opposite to GM configurations.

nova ian
27-03-07, 04:26 PM
I have heard of that a few times craig regarding the honda lumps being dropped in, someone suggested I do it to mine, but I couldn't be doing with the hassle! Although the xe is proving hassle at the minute! lol

I knew this wouldnt work after thinking about, but it was after I had typed all that up and thought it'd make a random yet possibly interesting subject!

Cheers

Ian

craig green
27-03-07, 04:36 PM
Nah, its something that has crossed my mind many a time. I think you would get stuck when you come to attach the RHD pedal box to the LHD servo etc. Although in theory is should work but the LH & RH parts arent necessarily a mirror of each other.