PDA

View Full Version : bulkhead removal

matthew172
27-03-07, 12:12 PM
just wanted to know when you remove the top part of the bulkhead as ive seen some people do, you then have to use a citroen ax wiper motor?? is this correct?? and if so does this limit you to only using a single wiper or can you still use both wipers with the ax motor??

any help appriciated

Stuart
27-03-07, 12:52 PM
depends how much you take off. if you leave the nova motor there then you can do what you like....... but that means a non complete cut off for the bulkhead.

Adam
27-03-07, 02:39 PM
Pretty sure you can only use a single wiper with the ax motor, the nova linkage wont be the right position.

Austin_Nova16
27-03-07, 03:44 PM
I used a modified corsa motor on my rwd nova. Was much better to use, as there was no cutting of wires involved, just mounts to weld in.

I have see on here that someone mounted a nova unit through the back of the bulkhead (the bit underneath the scuttle - nice mod..

craig green
27-03-07, 03:50 PM
I still dont understand the need to remove the (bulkhead) firewall. Its there for a reason, wont improve cooling (much) & the car if fitted with a blower motor etc will now smell like the engine bay.

Ive seen the std wiper motor left in place with the rest of the firewall cut away however. Only an engine bay pimp would be bothered by this.

Stuart
27-03-07, 04:07 PM
it allows better Airflow to the TB's/Carbs...

craig green
27-03-07, 04:09 PM
At a guess!

Has anyone examined it in a wind tunnel. Or just hoped for the best with an angle grinder in the shed?

Adam
27-03-07, 04:16 PM
Bottom of the windscreen air is forced in and heads directly towards carb/tb trumpets, in theory.

Sirnixalot
27-03-07, 04:47 PM
its a very very almost 100% likely theory, hell its how i get air through my vents past 25mph as my blower doesnt work lol

i would preffer to lengthen the trumpets and use the firewall as an airbox though

Stuart
27-03-07, 05:41 PM
go on then craig, you spunk up the cash for wind tunnel testing... :roll:

matthew172
27-03-07, 05:42 PM
it looks loads tidier imo too

Jon_nova1
27-03-07, 09:07 PM
it would allow more of an air flow, even if its the air coming from the front, it can filter out through the top easier, prooving the theory was my mate who thought putting the bonnet on without the bolts would be ok while he drove it down the road thinking it'd go up from the front, instead the airflow went through the engine bay, the pressure built up at the back where its hard for it to escape and made the bonnet go upwards from the back