PDA

View Full Version : need help with music downloads!

ade
27-03-07, 12:34 AM
Can anyone help?

I'm trying to compile a list of retro 80's music for an up coming party I'm organising - although my missus thinks I'm approaching a mid life crisis and the parties just an excuse! :cool:

Anyway - I've got the vast majority of what I was after off Napster but I'm short of a couple. Someone recommended allofmp3.com but this has gone tits up (you cant use cards to buy credit on it anymore since card companies caved into pressure from the copyright companies)

I've tried searching the net but keep getting these dodgy russian download sites that keep referring you onto other sites etc etc etc.

I'm looking for any music site (preferably a legal one cough cough) thats got the following tracks -

Imagination - Body Talk
Frankie Goes to Hollywood - Relax
Jermaine Stewart - We dont have to take our clothes off...
Booker Newberry III - Love town
Freeez - I.O.U
Fun boy 3 - our lips are sealed

Preferably with 320kps bit rate or high as possible
And before anyone asks yes I know the tracks are dodgy and maybe considered gay - but what can I say - I'm a child of the 80's and it's an 80's party (and I'm not gay!)

Anyone help greatly appreciated (tracks must be 80's not modern remixes).

:thumb:

Ade

Breeny
27-03-07, 12:37 AM
http://www.projectw.org

Register and run a search, you maybe lucky :)

NovaLad
27-03-07, 12:48 AM
Err... Illegaly you can search for LimeWire or BearShare on google which are download search engines basicly. You will be able to find any tracks you want on them... Just watch out for viruses... Up to you matey!

Kinky Monza
27-03-07, 12:50 AM
Is limewire actually illegal????

NovaLad
27-03-07, 12:52 AM
Well it must be if you can download the same AND more stuff on it than you can on ITUNES for absolutly nothing at all. Like i said the only problem with them is viruses. I had BearShare running on my computer for just under a year and it never once failed me.

loggyboy
27-03-07, 01:12 AM
Limewire defo has imagination - as i downloaded it a few weeks back...

its not illegal aslong as make sure you delete the files after a certain time (24-48 hrs IIRC) or go an buy the originals. Alternatively just make sure one of your friends have the original songs, so you can say you simply copied it from them, which is perfectly legal (and the back bone to the p2p sharing principal)

NovaLad
27-03-07, 01:16 AM
Put it this way."It's only illegal if you get caught using it" lol ... People go on about MICROSOFT or whoever tracking computers for ilegally downloading yet, i have been doing it for well over a year now. Just recently stopped though. Decided to RE-Fromat me comp and start fresh! ... Good Luck finding the songs you want mate.

Novadex
27-03-07, 08:36 AM
Microsoft can`t track your computer as they would have to serch for files on your pc and that goes against the Data protection act. Limewire is not illegal, its only a file sharing program. Thats why when you download limewire you have to tick a box stating that you will NOT use it for copyright infringement. there are loadsa ifs and buts and unless your just stupid, you will be fine.

bump
27-03-07, 12:40 PM
Limewire is not illegal, downloading copywrited files is illegal, except for one small clause. It is legal to download and listen to copywrited for the express purpose of previewing provided the files are deleted within 24 hours.

Alex.
27-03-07, 04:20 PM
Whitesnake - Is this Love?
I downloaded it last night, I love it lol

goldengraham
27-03-07, 05:53 PM
you can downlaod from limewire if you have the original copy anyway :s

but everyone jus downloads and burns it to cd :) that is the illegal part

puss puss
27-03-07, 07:52 PM
I would say Ares and limewire i have both of them very very good :D

these can give out virsus so just be careful before u go opening up the file if not sure right click and scan it with whatever anti virus things you have...

personaly i dont like bearshare i use to have it but not anymore got a big virus from it that my avg didnt pick up (i think i was runnin avg)

Nathaniel.

ade
27-03-07, 11:53 PM
erm okay - not too keen on lime wire - heard some dodgy reports and dont really want to open me pc up to potential security/virus risks - its not very well at the moment as it is!

Anyone recommend a decent mps/music site???