PDA

View Full Version : driveshafts!!! :D

Anonymous
26-11-01, 01:34 PM
helllllo how do i go bout fittin my CV's driveshafts??
ive been quoted 70sovs to fit them and the gaitors themselves this good??? or should i do em myself????

"Saxo?, i'd rather walk!"

:D

Anonymous
26-11-01, 03:26 PM
?70 each??
where do u live?
i will come and fit them for ?70 each!!! :D

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

e reg shell almost gone!!

Anonymous
26-11-01, 06:23 PM
I'd do it for ?20, although I dont know what I'm doing... but I'll make 'em fit!

Anonymous
27-11-01, 01:07 AM
i hate doing them, but id do them for ?70 lol

there not that hard just dirty

do em yourself

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
27-11-01, 01:19 AM
buy a haynes for ?12, then decide if u reckon there worth ?70 each

Anonymous
27-11-01, 09:15 AM
Are you talking about overhauling the CV joints themselves, re-fittng the driveshafts or replacing the boots?

Anonymous
27-11-01, 12:51 PM
just replacein the rubbery plasticy thingz!!

70 sovs for both!! any good>??? i may have a go!!!.......erm......erm......no!

i like cheese!

Anonymous
27-11-01, 01:13 PM
Right in that case save yourself a heap of hassle and get some glue up universal ones from Halfords etc. I helped a m8 do some the other day and i thought it would be a micky mouse effort but it worked out fine. Make sure you cut them down to the right size once on and keep the glue joint very clean else it wont stick up. They're OK for the MOT as he passed the next day with them. You'll probably need a m8 as 2 pairs of hands makes it much easier with all that crappy CV grease about :)

Anonymous
29-11-01, 11:25 AM
plz to be helpin me!!!

nah! so what r they called cp??

Anonymous
29-11-01, 06:54 PM
Universal CV boot or gaitor kits. They come with full instructions, glue, ties and even a knife and some rubber gloves. You can't go wrong and I don't think they cost a lot either :)

Anonymous
29-11-01, 06:57 PM
BTW CV stands for Constant Velocity joint which is a sort of Universal Joint (UJ) but better and with the characteristics of maintaining even and constant shaft speed to give smooth drive to the wheels