PDA

View Full Version : how do

mk2novagte
26-03-07, 04:40 PM
Just grabbed meself a rather mint Nova GTE with an astra mk2 gte 2 litre 8v engine in it to upgrade from my Corsa which i'll miss but hey :)
?2200 - what you think - i think its a respectable price as its fully alarmed, lowered 60 mill, great runner, sound system, kenwood head unit, 16" tsw's, stainless steel exhaust system.
check the arches, under the bonnet and chassis - and the only rust i found was flaking paint at the pront lip of the engine bay where the boot closes, i'll just sand it down and hammerite seeing as no one will see it.....

Also has a very nice rare irmscher quad headlight grill. I wasnt sure on the looks from pics but in the flesh is very nice!!!!!!

only piccy i have meself is this one from the sutotrader ad it was in - im going to get the rear bumper filled and stuff to get it back to gte style though :thumb:

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h61/Nailbed/nova1.jpg

peoples ideas to make it my own? i was thinking maybe a respray in black with white speedlines or multispoke alloys, tints and euro rear lights..... Might keep it that colour, but not sure tints would suit it? :confused:

Iain
26-03-07, 04:47 PM
If you're going to spend ?2.2k on mint bodywork I wouldn't want to spend money on a respray. I'd get a mk1 rear bumper on it and modify it back to look like a GTE

Novadex
26-03-07, 04:53 PM
2200??? :roll:

Lynsey
26-03-07, 04:58 PM
Get some more pics up, gotta be something special for 2.2k right?
I like the wheels, they are 'pace' aint they?

mk2novagte
26-03-07, 04:58 PM
yeh - only 14500 miles on the engine after being put in. pulls like a dream. Brand new tyres on all wheels. the guys also fitting a new clutch cable and putting new synthetic oil in it for me for free. little things but it helps.

i dont think the price is too shabby at all.... i'll get some proper pics posted up when i collect the car friday :)

JSeymour
26-03-07, 05:43 PM
if its been modded to a high standard then its not a bad deal, itl cost more to have done it your self and buy the parts. though thats half the fun imo

mk2novagte
26-03-07, 06:47 PM
well i have another plan...
as the 2 litre 8v engines arent very nice to look at, and really just look like a 1.6 or something i may well save up and put an xe in it woooo! 16v haha
fit some xe suspension too and jobs a winner.

Lee
26-03-07, 06:59 PM
well i have another plan...
as the 2 litre 8v engines arent very nice to look at, and really just look like a 1.6 or something i may well save up and put an xe in it woooo! 16v haha
fit some xe suspension too and jobs a winner.

Well the jobs half done pal, you might as well, it'll bolt straight in now, and you can use your existing shafts.

2200 sounds steep without seeing more of the car, but any price is a good price if you felt that was what the car was worth to you! :thumb:

And youve got your name all wrong, theres no such thing as a MK2 GTE lol lol What you got there is a MK1 with MK2 GSi bumpers :thumb:

draper
26-03-07, 07:10 PM
i like the zorst protector on th ebumper :thumb:

craig green
27-03-07, 09:25 AM
That could look nice if you lost the tacky exhaust surround, clear lights & the chrome badge. Its only a mk1 if you keep the old bumpers, thats what I would do.

lee coley
27-03-07, 10:53 AM
how long as it been painted?if its only been painted a few months then you could be in for a shock.nice colour.

As the engine bay been done (stitched)

mk2novagte
27-03-07, 04:27 PM
well as my name's wrong you'll all know its me :D hahaha

yeh i was thinking about getting rear euro lights but the colours a bit hard to match with stuff if ya get me. I'm debadging it straight away and seeing if the protector's stuck or screwed on. if it's screwed on im just gna paint it the same colour.

Yeh i checked the engine bay and its been painted but is starting to fade and some laquer's peeling so might get it re-done. Im gna sand down the top lip and hammerite it black (where serial number is) just to stop it going iffy.

The only thing i could find wrong is the bottom of the front bumper has cracks in the paint as theres so many layers lol. again i'l just sand it down and spray it :thumb: