PDA

View Full Version : SONY CDX-GT210 trouble shooting.

puss puss
26-03-07, 12:57 PM
Well i got my first pay slip the other day and decided to buy a headunit, my first one i have ever brought lol.

Well here is a link for it
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sony-CDX-GT212-MP3-CDX-GT210-FRONT-Aux-Input-FREE-LEAD_W0QQitemZ330077860983QQihZ014QQcategoryZ39763 QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

as you see it says it has RCA preouts, call me dumb but arent these the white n red leads that run from ya amp to your headunit? Well i cant find these on the back of the headunit anyway.. All i can find is the iso adapter thing which looks like how i plug the earth constunt power, speakers etc but i cant find the RCA preouts, am kind of screwing here lol.

So anyone kno if these headunit came with any Rca preouts at all i can take a picture if needs be. If it doesnt how can i run my amp off my headunit?

thanks a lot.

Nathaniel

Welsh Dan
26-03-07, 05:05 PM
http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/5472.html

No RCA Preout. Which is why I bought the 300 model myself. Yours was wrongly described on ebay.

Jon_nova1
26-03-07, 08:08 PM
to be honest its a ?60 sony headunit, dont expect too many features on it ;)

puss puss
26-03-07, 10:23 PM
yeah i kno grrr FOR **** sake lol looked like a good deal, kk so my next question can i run my amp without any preouts?

Welsh Dan
27-03-07, 09:33 AM
I very much doubt it.

peester
27-03-07, 12:10 PM
yeah i kno grrr FOR **** sake lol looked like a good deal, kk so my next question can i run my amp without any preouts?

yes - you need an autoleads part - most audioplaces/halfords/etc dell it.. think it call output line converter. (?6??7?)
But - you'll lose 2 speakers - your rears mostly likely, so ull only have 2 speakers and a sub. Thats it. Oh, just make sure ur amp for the sub has a LPF on it (low pass filter)
:thumb:

puss puss
27-03-07, 03:30 PM
i wasnt going to have rear speakers anyway i just contacted them and they said they would send a converter to me free of charge. what is a low pass filter and how come i need it

thanks all for the help in advance keep it up :)

Nathaniel.

peester
27-03-07, 05:28 PM
briefly, the sound being send down the wires to the rear speaker is going to be both high and low level frequencys (treble n bass sounds) with an LPF it'll only let the low frequencys thru (just da bass) so ur speakers (the sub in ur case) will only play bass as it should. Most modern amps have them built in already.

puss puss
27-03-07, 07:02 PM
ok bud thanks for the invo :) can this LPF thing be switched between high and low depending on the amp?

peester
27-03-07, 07:38 PM
yeah hi/low or off completely i think

bump
27-03-07, 08:18 PM
Technically, High pass / Low Pass / Fullrange.

puss puss
27-03-07, 09:34 PM
ok thanks everyone :D

puss puss
27-03-07, 10:03 PM
ok instead of startin a new topic i thought i would ask here XD

i have just brought a http://mobile.jlaudio.com/pdfs/12W3v2_MAN.pdf
*note PDF Files you will require a PDF reader to read it.*

The model i have brought is the 12w3-D2.

It has duel voice and i think its 4 ohms correct me if i am wrong and 300 watts rms?

Well what amp should i use to power that some say get a amp to match the watts exmaple 300 rms and 300 rms sub.

Others say get a bigger amp 350rms and 300 rms sub so u dont turn the amp up to much?

If you could give me a exmaple on a website or ebay link that would be grand just to tell me what i should be looking for.

Thanks

Nathaniel.