PDA

View Full Version : Nova 2.0 Conversion

steaky07
26-03-07, 12:50 PM
I'm fairly new to this whole converting cars business (im a complete n00b for want of a better word lol). But my plan is to convert either a 1.0/1.2 or 1.4 (??) Nova (or Nova Saloon) into a 2.0 16v using a Red Top engine from a Cav GSi.

I've got some mates who are far more mechanically minded than me to help, the problem is they know more about peugeots. I've been browsing round the forums for a little while now (only subscribed today to post...) and will continue to do so looking for any information that could help me. But if anyone can help by giving me a list of parts id need for the conversion and if anyone has done one before any help/guidence i could get would be greatly appreciated...

Hope someone can help
thanks

Dan 130
26-03-07, 11:18 PM
well best place to start is make sure you got a good solid car to put the engine in then once happy with that a conversion kit wouldn go a miss just shy of bout ?300 but might find one cheaper if second hand oh and if you have the cav as a whole car get the brakes c.v's and anything else you might need im pretty new to it to but its easy to pick up, hope this helps
cheers dan

gsiboy21
26-03-07, 11:49 PM
this should help as i used it to do my first one
http://www.topbuzz1.carenthusiasts.co.uk/mods/2Lconversion/2Lconversion.htm