PDA

View Full Version : adjusting rear shoes

Anonymous
27-11-01, 07:37 PM
i go a 1.3sr 86 model. I wanna ajust the rear shoes how do i go about it. i was readin in the haynesy and it says heres a nut which u turn to expand the shoes but i aint got one off these. So is there another way it can be do i bin told that ill av to take the drums of and djust somthin in there+ i got loads of handbrake travel i would adjust that but id rather do the rear shoes then see if he handbrake travel gets reduced. I though as the brakes are hydrulic (spelling) they should adjust themselves.:-/

Anonymous
27-11-01, 09:59 PM
they self ajust, there is a nut on a threaded bat that sits ontop of the rear axel more towards the drivers side, u can ajust this to tighten up the handbrake

Anonymous
28-11-01, 12:33 PM
self adjustin...yeah rite so they say......lol they dont bloody work very well, ive tryed and tryed and then when u adjust the nut on the rear beam it makes the shoes wear unevenly...doh

Ballsy

:) mmmmm same shit different Day :)

Anonymous
28-11-01, 04:41 PM
start afresh with ned shoes :) its all readjusted the moment you step on teh brakes for the first time :) ?10 for new shoes, job done

Dave Pearce, hmm he mixes like a man with no hands

Anonymous
start afresh with ned shoes :) its all readjusted the moment you step on teh brakes for the first time :) ?10 for new shoes, job done

Anonymous

Anonymous
28-11-01, 05:18 PM
only changed my shoes bout 4mths ago. heard there meant to be self adjusting but when u take the drum of u can do finner adjustments is this true or shall i just adjust tyhe handbrake