PDA

View Full Version : handling?

greg1.4
26-03-07, 08:19 AM
i am looking to improve the handling on my nova. I have G-max gas struts with 40mm springs and i want to get it all 60 and possibly the back 80mm. I have thought about coilovers and i will buy a set for under ?100 or round about that mark. I have also heard about polybushes and better engine mounts etc? will this help the handling? I have a front anti roll bar too and i am getting a strut brace for the front to give the inner wings more strength and make the engine bay look good! Also got a new set of track rod ends and bottom ball joints.

Anything else i should get/think about?

Cheers,
Greg

Mike
26-03-07, 08:26 AM
coilovers for under ?100, youll be hard pressed to find a set!!!!

poly bushes are loads better, there a hard compound rubber then standard bushes. try an get a rear anti roll bar an strut brace aswell if you can

Driver
26-03-07, 08:28 AM
short throw steering wrack (im wanting one of these myself)
good tyres on some 14"/15" lightweight alloys
lowered and uprated suspention (coilovers put pay for some decent ones)
good strong polybushes
good strong ARBs maybe from a combovan thingy
front and rear strut braces

pray to god you make it lol

greg1.4
26-03-07, 08:36 AM
ok cheers, i will get a anti roll bar from a combovan or astramax or something like that. Going to be running 60mm springs on bilstein or spax suspension (gas). Where does the rear anti-roll bar mount on to? i have never seen one on a nova before? I will get a front and rear strut brace too. I think i will forget about the steering rack though ha ha. I would like to run 16'' sofstars or allesios with good tyres. Thanks again. Greg

greg1.4
26-03-07, 08:37 AM
if i go and buy a set of polybushes, what bushes are in the kit?

Mike
26-03-07, 08:38 AM
if i go and buy a set of polybushes, what bushes are in the kit?

depends what kit you buy, wether it be front ARB, front suspension, rear ARB etc etc

Jon_nova1
26-03-07, 12:11 PM
how shorter is the steering rack?

Bouch
27-03-07, 07:56 AM
Definately fit poly bushes all round. (try www.raldes.co.uk (http://www.raldes.co.uk)).
Definately fit a rear ARB. (ideally from a Nova GTE because its thicker).
Get a stiffer(stiffer does not mean lower) set of rear springs with matching shocks.
Fit a set of standard Nova GTE front shocks and springs.
You should have a much better handling machine that will cost next to fcuk all.
Up to you if you fit a front ARB. There's been many threads about this issue, but in my opinion i would fit one on a road car but not always on a track/sprint/rally car.

Stuart
27-03-07, 08:18 AM
rear arb = YES
front arb = Really wouldnt bother tbh...

Philsutton
27-03-07, 07:54 PM
plus a an astra roll bar is a completely different design so good luck trying to fit one

dannyb
27-03-07, 08:41 PM
Lower doesn't necessarily mean better handling, too low and you'll bugger your camber angles of the wheels.