PDA

View Full Version : brakes again

stv-b16a
24-03-07, 11:37 PM
i no nova brakes are sheite. but i also no they were revised in 87/89 or something. i own a 93 nova in fact it was one of the last ever created bless it lol. how much of an improvement was made? for everyday driving the brakes are sweet, great infact, but they do fade a lot and simpily dont inspire confidence when im driving hard. 1.2i base model. 236 (i think) solid disc. i need an upgrade i no does any one know about any slight suspension revisions that were also made at about this time. any info would be appreciated:thumb:

bigbened
25-03-07, 09:54 AM
i didnt know they revised suspension or breaks, there both too crap to notice lol

mikey14sr
25-03-07, 11:15 AM
The rear shoes were modified to try to stop them sticking on so easily, but the fronts stayed as they were so far as i'm aware. If you're staying with original wheels corsa sri or gsi brakes should fit at the front, If you have 15's just put some 256x24 vented brakes on from a mk3 astra or cavalier.

Only suspension revision made was slighty larger top bolt holes on the front struts to allow for a bit of camber adjustment.

Philsutton
25-03-07, 12:24 PM
The fronts were changed along with the face lift to a different style, they are still ****e though. Easiest like said is go for the 256mm 2lt ones