PDA

View Full Version : Conversion

sulphur
24-03-07, 11:00 PM
I know this kinda thread has been posted and the same questions have been asked so many times, but i figured I'd request some direct answers. I'm considering an XE for my recently aquired GSi, i know i'd get a decent engine etc for around ?200, but my question is about prices for fitting. Any idea how much, on average, including strengthening? Would I provide the astley mounts, or are those included with fitting? I'm not looking to get this done straight away, 'cos i wanna sort out the chassis first, get rid of all the rust and waxoyl etc. Plus, the engine bay has a fair bit of rust, would all this get treated with the welding or would that be abother job?

Any replies, or answers mucho appreciated!

Cheers lads!!:thumb: :D

stv-b16a
24-03-07, 11:48 PM
well put it this way,you cant weld rust to rust. my advice would be to spend your 200 brick sortingthe rust,cleaningthe car and getting her serviced.keep the gsi motor and go from there. 2ltr performance is not far away with the engine you already have. just a few simple mods. good engine flow. ie inlet,cylinder head,cam, exhaust. correct fuelling and a bit of weight reduction.

Chris Astley
30-03-07, 06:34 PM
If you need any advice your welcome to come over and have a chat, im only in chorley sulphur.

Cheers

Chris Astley